R2 : Internet stops working

GUIinMTL

Hello,

I keep having R2 issues, internet stops and only starts working when I unplug and replut the power.

I’m unable to reach DumaOS configuration until I power cycle it. 

we need that resolved, it’s really annoying.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, GUIinMTL said:

Yeah, you have to make sure the wife is happy. 

I wish we could schedule a reset during a night. I would probably help us avoid the issue.

I've sent you a PM, please see if that helps.

• 2 months later...
On 10/27/2020 at 11:55 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

I've sent you a PM, please see if that helps.

Can you please put fixes here I keep seeing you just message people back with a fix but other might have the same problem like mine just got it about 2 weeks go and every day at around 10am I would have to restart my router because it would just disconnect everything that is connected to it.

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Biird said:

Can you please put fixes here I keep seeing you just message people back with a fix but other might have the same problem like mine just got it about 2 weeks go and every day at around 10am I would have to restart my router because it would just disconnect everything that is connected to it.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I've only messaged two people recently about this, I also don't know if it is a fix, I don't think it is but I'm just checking with individuals. Best thing to do is make a topic with the issue as depending on your setup it may be able to be solved another way. For example in your scenario, it sounds like the WAN IP is renewing every day at the same time, so by extending the lease on the ISP router or making the R2 IP static that should fix it.

Hey Biird,

welcome to the forum. You are right, I just keep posting here without the solution. But every time Netduma Fraser as been there for me with help. So you are in good hands with him.

I haven’t posted my solution because I don’t have one and I’m still dealing with the issue...

With the holidays I just haven’t been dealing with it at all.

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, GUIinMTL said:

Hey Biird,

welcome to the forum. You are right, I just keep posting here without the solution. But every time Netduma Fraser as been there for me with help. So you are in good hands with him.

I haven’t posted my solution because I don’t have one and I’m still dealing with the issue...

With the holidays I just haven’t been dealing with it at all.

We're certainly happy to continue helping whenever you're able to reply. As above, if you have an ISP modem/router that the R2 is connected to then setting a static IP on the ISP router for the R2 should resolve the issue.