New XR500 firmware 2.3.2.66

@Netduma Fraser

Hi Fraser

There is a new firmware on the netgear site 2.3.2.66. Can you tell us if this purely a security fix or is there any improved functionality with this release. (I notice its not listed on this site as the latest release).

https://kb.netgear.com/000062461/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-66

Further Edit: This firmware immediately broke device manager and the geofilter , procede with caution

First Bug: GeoFilter crashes if all previously added devices are not online, devices also renamed

Thanks

Malt

4 minutes ago, scrubosaurus said:

is this needed for ppl runnin beta .104?

I have always reset my NG routers after an update however with Betas they may or may not require you to do so depending while testing.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, scrubosaurus said:

is this needed for ppl runnin beta .104?

It's not needed, the current beta build doesn't have the security fixes though so if that is something you care about then you could downgrade to .66 and then upgrade when the next beta build is available.

3 hours ago, Newfie said:

You probably need to perform a factory reset after the update if you are having issues.

sometimes NG may add some back ground code ie driver updates as well as security even if they don’t mention anything.

I never do factory resets , it literally doesn't do anything other than make you reinstall all your settings and makes life easier for tech support.

The bug I described is an old one , the XR500 doesn't recognise PS4 pro's correctly and has a hissy fit about them. I frequently swap between different firmwares and now I literally never factory reset, I have no problems at all.

I swapped back to the 3.0 beta and everything was fine again. So I will be sticking with the 3.0 release as the least buggy so far.   

2 minutes ago, Malt said:

I never do factory resets , it literally doesn't do anything other than make you reinstall all your settings and makes life easier for tech support.

The bug I described is an old one , the XR500 doesn't recognise PS4 pro's correctly and has a hissy fit about them. I frequently swap between different firmwares and now I literally never factory reset, I have no problems at all.

I swapped back to the 3.0 beta and everything was fine again. So I will be sticking with the 3.0 release as the least buggy so far.   

Glad that works for you.