Upload speeds gone

I have recently been having issues with my upload speeds randomly vanishing while using my router, As I said in one of my older posts, I run a game server within my home, so thats the main use of this router currently. I don't use any other settings built into the router, and my server and main pc are wired (via a 5 way network switch)

I use to have issues with the router randomly spiking to 100% cpu usage (on both cores) and it becoming impossible to use, I was recommended to update & to try out the beta version, after updating and factory resetting my router (also recommended) I went through and opened all the ports yet again... This seemed to have fixed the CPU issue, but now I have ran into another issue with the router randomly dropping either upload or downloads speeds down to almost nothing (0.66Mbps) but only on wired connection, this is fixed with a simple reboot of the router...

I don't really know what to do, I have tried to see if maybe a setting or something is causing issues, but I don't seem to have anything other then the default, outside of the many ports I have open, As far as I can tell I'm not getting attacked or anything like that, (DoS or DDoS attack) its just that my upload or download randomly vanish.

I attached two pictures with this post showing my upload being 0.66Mbps, and then after a restart, it going back upto what my download normally is (about 650Mbps)

Any recommendations would be helpful, I'm really tired of having to reboot the router almost daily to fix this issue as it kicks all my players from my server.

WithIssue.PNG

WithoutIssue.PNG

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Disable QoS completely in the Anti-Bufferbloat/Congestion Control 3 line menu option on the top left of the panel and see if the speeds stay more consistent.

That seems to have fixed the issue of random Download/Upload speeds vanishing, but now I'm having almost my old issue with the CPU usage. But now instead of both cores shooting up to 100% and making everything unusable, its one core (CPU0) See screenshot below.

Whenever this weird CPU issue acts up on the router, my wired connection drops and only wireless works into I reboot it. And its not like I'm doing anything, you can see my network overview being basically nothing.

what.png

@Netduma Fraser Ive also have had this happen a couple of times.. In fact last night it did it to me and both CPUs ramped all the way to MAX and then the router became unstable and then finally crashed and lost all connections.. I dont have anything fancy setup on this at all.. Id say I get about a couple days of use before this happens. Nothing much more then that if im lucky..

My only way to correct this was a full factory reset from the back of the router.. Holding the pin down for 30 seconds.. I should also add that it struggled alot to obtain my WAN credentials this time.. took a good hour to finally get it to take..

I dont have anything else pinned to the Dashboard other then what is factory pinned there..

Thanks!

Zippy.

Screenshot (240).png

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

This seems to be related to my issue as well, I have the exact same issue. When its happening wireless seems to work "sorta" wired is totally unusable though. Its very very annoying and is what made me update to the 3.0 build over the latest released build as told here. I really hope this issue is solved, restarting my router every day is extremely annoying especially with the fact that I host game servers.

Also, to answer your question above about pins and readyshare, no. I actually unpinned most of the stuff from my dashboard, I only have CPU, Network and logs pinned. And I turned off readyshare already thinking maybe it was causing issues (as it was on by default)

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Zippy said:

Thanks @Netduma Fraser I really do need to sign up and help with the XR500 over on Netgear forum.. My time is so limited though..

Zippy.

No need to do that! 

14 hours ago, VisualBasic said:

This seems to be related to my issue as well, I have the exact same issue. When its happening wireless seems to work "sorta" wired is totally unusable though. Its very very annoying and is what made me update to the 3.0 build over the latest released build as told here. I really hope this issue is solved, restarting my router every day is extremely annoying especially with the fact that I host game servers.

Also, to answer your question above about pins and readyshare, no. I actually unpinned most of the stuff from my dashboard, I only have CPU, Network and logs pinned. And I turned off readyshare already thinking maybe it was causing issues (as it was on by default)

Okay great so we will look into this anyway and hopefully have a fix for the next version.