Some XR1000 WIFI settings disabled by default

I noticed;

Enable OFDMA in 2.4ghz

Enable OFDMA in 5ghz

Enable MU-MIMO

Are turned off by default, is there a reason for this, is enabling them going to cause any kind of issue or really have any real benefit

I've never seen a router disable MU-MIMO by default but i'm new to Wifi 6 and there may have been changes since wifi 5

Not many devices use Mu Mimo so it’s down to what you have but you can tick it on and it will not cause issues but for this to work you need devices that are compatible. 
https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-features/33100-why-you-don-t-need-mu-mimo

you can enable OFDMA if you wish as it should be fine even if you don’t have AX devices, of course you will gain nothing but it should run fine. 

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Good advice as above! I'm not sure exactly why they're disabled by default, maybe they thought not many people will have compatible devices from the offset. 

I think they will enable it after a while as that they did with the RAX120. 

Guest Killhippie
1 hour ago, Newfie said:

I think they will enable it after a while as that they did with the RAX120. 

I think it took about a year for AX to become default on the RAX120 . If the XR1000 comes as a AC router at the moment and you could turn on AX I imagine this will eventually have AX turned on by default once the bugs have been fixed in a firmware update sometime in the future. Turning on AX is only worth it if you have an AX device really, but it does no harm having it on.

Guest Killhippie
Just now, rckrz6 said:

AX is turned on but its supporting features is off

Okay thats how the RAX 120 was to begin with, now they are all turned on by default. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Guest Killhippie
10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The third is dedicated to packet acceleration so you probably won't see that one move as much as the others.

So kinda dual core with the third core for just packet acceleration then at 1.5Ghz?