Everything just stopped working

TODDzillaInLA

So the last couple xbox updates it seemed like the geo filter was working less and less, i would flush the cloud wait then play. the first couple games awesome then it just falls on its face like if xbox knew what the r2 was up too and trys to stop it, its so weird. then tonight in the middle of a game i lost connection. then it would not connect, ran the test network speed & statistics under xbox / settings / network  and download upload packet loss mtu latency everything said not available. tried the test network feature and i got a dns isn't resolving xbox server names. unplug the power from your router or modem for 30 seconds then plug it back in. wait another 30 seconds when ready check again

i did this about 3 times nothing

connected my original Fios router and everything working fine

just did a factory reset on my r2 and now i get a Could not detect an Internet connection

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I've sent you a new PM with a more up to date firmware that should be more stable for you, please try that and let us know how you get on.

thank you ill check it as soon as i get home from work, i called frontier just to make sure it wasnt a outage or something with the OTA by any chance cause of it working with the router that came with frontier and the tech said the current router (the r2) has did something called a "Start & Stop" over 10 times. Said i need to replace the router

6 hours ago, Newfie said:

Did you allow the router to cool down for a while before trying again?

if this is a serious question then i think there is bigger problems

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

thank you ill check it as soon as i get home from work, i called frontier just to make sure it wasnt a outage or something with the OTA by any chance cause of it working with the router that came with frontier and the tech said the current router (the r2) has did something called a "Start & Stop" over 10 times. Said i need to replace the router

Let us know how that goes, if it continues to be an issue I'll pass that onto the team.

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Let us know how that goes, if it continues to be an issue I'll pass that onto the team.

just installed the update

after the file pushed through it went to the screen that said the screen will refresh once the router is back online, that acreen turned white and never refreshed on its own. so after 5 min i refreshed it my self and everything popped back up

got this message

Error: This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute.

noticed everything under lan / wan is now all enabled, should ipv6 be disabled front tier fios does not support it yet and for wan all these are enabled now 

IPv6
Allow Ping
Port Scan Protection
Syn Flood Protection 

should i disable them?

i also see under wifi there is a channel width feature added that was not there before

the dhcp lease time was at 1hr its now at 12hrs should this be changed?

looks like congestion control test is working again, told me i should have it set to download 100% upload @86%
Should i ass my xbox to the Traffic Prioritization as game console?

got a option this time to force a cloud update when i clicked on ping heatmap for the first time

let me play a couple games with out doing anything to the geo filter then adding the xbox to the geo filter to see if there is any benefits

side note, should i port forward all the xbox port and disable upnp or just let upnp do its thing?

11 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Without knowing where the router is placed I asked this as it can be an issue. I’ve seen people bunging routers in cabinets where there is no ventilation or on soft furnishings where the bottom of the router can be covered as it’s very low. 
The cpu tends to throttle but if I’m correct if it’s too hot it will simply stop working hence why I asked if you had allowed it to cool down to see if it was a heat issue. 

geo filter off first 5 games awesome, movement felt PC fast, turned on geo filter set the range to 800miles and ping assist to 15, im pretty sure geo filter is broken or xbox figured out how to mess with it because with out geo filter off my ping was 12 to no higher then 30 with geo filter on 25 to 100+ and very bad lobbies. i turned the geo filter off and removed the device from the geo filter and the lobbies where just as bad, did a factory reset and didnt touch geo filter and im back to those 12 to 30 ping lobbies. enemies are practically standing still won ever game tonight in multiplayer except a couple with the geo filter on

5 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

if you have your router in a enclosed cabinet then you do not deserver to be in this forum. sorry bud

Plenty of end users don’t realise about placement, RFI and the changes through the day, cross talk, channel utilisation, test for neighbouring channels  , testing throughput and so on and on. A lot of people search and discover the routers and some have never swapped from their isp ones. 

The R2 is a great router for those wanting features at a reasonable price and so everyone who posts is treated on a level playing field which is great and how a forum for support should be. 

• Administrators

I would recommend shopping around you for servers, see what is available and what plays the best then set a radius or polygon just to cover the best ones and then leave it alone. I'd leave UPnP on personally but I know some people think port forwarding gives them a better experience.