XR1000 Becomes unresponsive when in admin

I'm going to cut it short I spent over $350 and hours out of my day trying to setup this router only for it to not work when simply navigating admin. I just wanted to let you know that I'm returning what could been an amazing product. Also my spectrum router that came with my modem gets better dslreport scores than this thing. If I'm lucky enough to be able to adjust any of the settings before this thing gives out.

I did not, I figured the issue could of been on my end and after two factory resets and following the advice in other threads. I'm just turned off by the user experience. I never had this issue with a router in my life, also for the price I paid for this product I'm completely turned off by the fact that it's not functioning out the box.

Guest Killhippie

Also its a new router, bugs will get worked on, no new routers ever comes bug free, that's why its best to wait a while, say 3 months before purchase. Any make of router, you buy that's so new is on the bleeding edge of new tech and it can hurt.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you have had a bad experience so far. What web browser/device are you accessing the interface with? Are you trying to access via HTTPS? As above, have you got Armor enabled?

As far as I know armor is off I did not set it up.

4 hours ago, Killhippie said:

Also its a new router, bugs will get worked on, no new routers ever comes bug free, that's why its best to wait a while, say 3 months before purchase. Any make of router, you buy that's so new is on the bleeding edge of new tech and it can hurt.

While I understand there are some bugs no product should ever reach market in such a state. The fact of the matter is the product is not  working making this an expensive paperweight out the box.

57 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you have had a bad experience so far. What web browser/device are you accessing the interface with? Are you trying to access via HTTPS? As above, have you got Armor enabled?

I've been unable to access anything with my desktop which is connected via lan nor any of my other devices which include a android phone an iPhone and a iPad once this error occurs.

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, Disappointment said:

While I understand there are some bugs no product should ever reach market in such a state. The fact of the matter is the product is not  working making this an expensive paperweight out the box.

48 minutes ago, Disappointment said:

I've been unable to access anything with my desktop which is connected via lan nor any of my other devices which include a android phone an iPhone and a iPad once this error occurs.

Not everyone will necessarily be seeing the same issues as you and it can only be tested so much before being released to the public, there will always be bugs that appear as no software is perfect. How is it that you usually access? Do you use the LAN IP or routerlogin.net and have you tried both when it happens?

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Not everyone will necessarily be seeing the same issues as you and it can only be tested so much before being released to the public, there will always be bugs that appear as no software is perfect. How is it that you usually access? Do you use the LAN IP or routerlogin.net and have you tried both when it happens?

I tried all of the above methods. I wrapped up the router and I'm going to return it to bestbuy. I've used many routers over the years and never had this problem before. I'm not sure if it's you guys or netgear but this as an initial user experience is pretty bad especially at this price point. I also work in this space so I understand how things can be.

I can't even set QoS settings without constant crashes. I didn't pay to be a beta tester.

3 hours ago, Disappointment said:

I tried all of the above methods. I wrapped up the router and I'm going to return it to bestbuy. I've used many routers over the years and never had this problem before. I'm not sure if it's you guys or netgear but this as an initial user experience is pretty bad especially at this price point. I also work in this space so I understand how things can be.

I can't even set QoS settings without constant crashes. I didn't pay to be a beta tester.

Sorry to hear it’s going back. 
did you manage to get any access in the end as I see you adjusted QoS?

Guest Killhippie
19 hours ago, Disappointment said:

Its a shame you didn't try another of the same router, new units can be faulty. I hope you come back and try again.