Connection Benchmark test on XR500 & R2

Vroomfondel1965

I was messing around and found this [see below]. The setup is Virgin router [modem mode} to XR500 for the first pic then Virgin-XR500-R2 for the second pic. The XR500 is obviously beta and the R2 is using build 129. Why is there a difference in the ping under load?

Screenshot 2020-10-11 132311.png

Screenshot 2020-10-11 131906.png

• Administrators

It is probably due to the fact that on the R2 you have set the bandwidth very low, 50/10 so when you then throttle you're throttling a huge amount of your connection. Also suggests on the XR you haven't found the percentage that lowers the upload as much.

I can't get it to change on the XR500 that's one of the reasons I was playing around , no matter where I set the sliders. I know XR500 beta issues should be posted on the Netgear site. I was hoping that the R2 would be updated by now so I can use it for the house but the apparent wi fi issues are stopping me from doing so [unless you could link me to a fix] , I could then start messing with the XR500 and report any issues to Netgear .

Fraser, it was awful. I could only get a small amount of speed from wi fi on my phone and laptop while standing next to the R2, about 3-20 from my 550 broadband. I did a factory reset after installing the firmware too and didn't tamper with anything except turn off ipv6. I've put the XR500 back and all is fine. Connection benchmark test reported the near correct speeds and worked well on the R2. I really wanted to use the adblocker for the home network. I'll wait for the full update now.