Netduma R2

Doughboy

• 4 weeks later...

Quick question: since the R2 update can I use the auto setup for the congestion control now? Will it function properly? It keeps saying 100% download 2% upload when I use it. 

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Doughboy said:

Quick question: since the R2 update can I use the auto setup for the congestion control now? Will it function properly? It keeps saying 100% download 2% upload when I use it. 

It is still a bit aggressive so I would suggest using manual for now. We're making massive improvements at the moment and the results of that should hopefully make it into the next update.

Guest Killhippie
On 10/9/2020 at 3:29 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Try accessing using Google Chrome and see if that works.

Fraser can your developers make the R2 compatible with Firefox, Opera and Safari and Edge? Rather like Netgera and Asus and other manufacturers. You should not ever need to download a browser that spies on you as much as Google chrome, also opera is Chrome based so shouldn't that work by default. People use Firefox and Brave for the privacy add ons and to strip out scripts and fingerprinting and with decent adblockers like uBlock Origin you cannot be followed around the web, the last thing I would ever want is Google Chrome  knowing my every movement just to login to a router :)

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Killhippie said:

Fraser can your developers make the R2 compatible with Firefox, Opera and Safari and Edge? Rather like Netgera and Asus and other manufacturers. You should not ever need to download a browser that spies on you as much as Google chrome, also opera is Chrome based so shouldn't that work by default. People use Firefox and Brave for the privacy add ons and to strip out scripts and fingerprinting and with decent adblockers like uBlock Origin you cannot be followed around the web, the last thing I would ever want is Google Chrome  knowing my every movement just to login to a router :)

They should work for the most part, I use Brave myself and have no issues with the interface. I just know it is one we use generally so makes sense to see if it is a browser issue or not. People can uninstall it after if they prefer.

Guest Killhippie
21 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

They should work for the most part, I use Brave myself and have no issues with the interface. I just know it is one we use generally so makes sense to see if it is a browser issue or not. People can uninstall it after if they prefer.

The damage would be done then and your privacy breached. Chrome is owned by Google and like Android which is given free to manufactures this means you are the product and your privacy is forfeit if you are not careful, that's why Google Chrome does not let users have true adblocking, as they dont use the API to stop first party tracking scripts,  uBlock Origin on Firefox can now block first-party tracking scripts that attempt to bypass filters and rules by utilizing DNS CNAME records to load scripts from a third-party domain. No other browser or adblocker can do that, so there is no way I'll ever load Google Chrome.

https://www.theregister.com/2019/11/21/ublock_origin_firefox_unblockable_tracker/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
16 minutes ago, Doughboy said:

Hi I was wondering, if I use the heat map and select my server’s with low ping I picked and made a list for them how do I only connect to those servers thanks. 

At the moment that is not possible. You can use it to influence your settings and then make those adjustments on the Geo-Filter e.g. you see a low ping server in a close state or country so go to the Geo-Filter and draw a Polygon around that area. Do it for all the ones you would like to try and force.