Express VPN

SendNukes

So here's my situation. I have issues playing modern warfare. Most servers I connect to, i get packet loss symbol majority of the match. 

I've run a ping plotter to different ips and 1 specific ip for modern warfare and there is a specific hop on this route has a crazy amount of latency.

My hope was to try using a vpn in hopes of my signal taking an alternative route to the servers I'm playing on. 

I've set up express vpn within my netduma r2 with various servers (Dallas, last Vegas, Seattle, new york)  with and without an alternative vpn and my ping plotter shows packet loss on majority of the hops within route.

When trying to connect in game, it can't even find a match.

Any insight on what I may be doing wrong, or what I should be trying?

Ps: its also concerning that my netduma r2 shows packet loss on ping plotter as well.

Both with Qos on or off 

• Administrators

For PingPlotter the packet loss you need to look out for is any red bars on the bottom graph, not necessarily on the actual specific hops. Might be worth considering an actual gaming VPN like Vyper or something like that.

10 hours ago, SendNukes said:

So here's my situation. I have issues playing modern warfare. Most servers I connect to, i get packet loss symbol majority of the match. 

I've run a ping plotter to different ips and 1 specific ip for modern warfare and there is a specific hop on this route has a crazy amount of latency.

My hope was to try using a vpn in hopes of my signal taking an alternative route to the servers I'm playing on. 

I've set up express vpn within my netduma r2 with various servers (Dallas, last Vegas, Seattle, new york)  with and without an alternative vpn and my ping plotter shows packet loss on majority of the hops within route.

Ps: its also concerning that my netduma r2 shows packet loss on ping plotter as well.

Both with Qos on or off 

Who is your internet service provider? how much upload do you have total? do you have video service? is your tv pictures tiling meaning,  breaking up every once in awhile? how about slow speeds up n down? do you get close to your advertised speeds from isp?

COD 2019 is not such a great game even with a great connection. It is not the same as in great connection equals, mow down the other team with ease. there is no more big party same server every game like in the past. those days are gone with modern 2019. Get your lowest ping possible and allow n deny every chance you get. 

are you getting the yellow bars in-game on the left side of your screen while playing?

are you on a console or pc

try to go to an old router and see if your having the same issues since your testing everything anyway as it is now? Rule out if its the R2 router or not which i doubt it is.

My provider is cox 

I have video service. Its all fine there

Download speeds are fine.

Upload speeds fluctuate from 1-35 at any given time. 

My speed plan is 940/35

I've played plenty of mw 2019 on my girlfriends network and in literally never lagging.

I am getting the orange packet loss emblem most of the game, almost every game .

Very seldom is it yellow

On 10/7/2020 at 8:06 AM, SendNukes said:

I have issues also with hit detection at times and at others it's flawless. i have two connections. 1 fiber 1 coax. experience is better on the fiber but i can play in later hours of the night on coax and have equal results as fiber also.

I was going to go with a vpn service also but i chatted extensively with one vpn service that told me if i actually went with them i could not get any other servers other that what is preconfigured in the duma OS lol.. I was like what? asked more questions like what if this or what if that and was told the same thing again. Also was told to lower your latency you will want less hops or a low latency connection to begin with if you go with us it can add more latency depends on how close their vpn and game server are to each other. Again not that any of this will help to the extent where you are going to have exceptional games every match you play even if everything is perfect.

I think most even i bought into duma os over all and notion that it fixes bad connections overall.. it can not fix isp or latency problems outside your local lan meaning anything outside of your home. it can stop devices from using bandwidth but you can also just disconnect them lol. 

What you want is least amount of hops to give you lowest latency overall in-game does not matter prioritize this or that hell if you have just the console or computer hooked up what is there to prioritize or eliminate lol?

4 hours ago, SendNukes said:

My provider is cox 

I have video service. Its all fine there

Download speeds are fine.

Upload speeds fluctuate from 1-35 at any given time. 

My speed plan is 940/35

I've played plenty of mw 2019 on my girlfriends network and in literally never lagging.

I am getting the orange packet loss emblem most of the game, almost every game .

Very seldom is it yellow

cool is your girlfriend in cox also? yeah those emblems ingame could mean the packet loss could be anywhere. you have to trouble shoot the issue your self. First is make sure your isp is good. we are looking at uploads if you pay for 35 you should get close to it if not it could be an issue with cox. be nosey and ask your neighbors if they have issues also if they do its your isp. Tell the isp you want a monitor put on your line..or pin down if the issue of your low and fluctuating speeds is at certain times of the day. someone in your node area could be causing your upload issues to cause a problem not just for you but everyone in that node. could be ingress could be a sip phone user could be alot of things rule out the obvious first..

On 10/7/2020 at 6:33 PM, CableGames22 said:

I have issues also with hit detection at times and at others it's flawless. i have two connections. 1 fiber 1 coax. experience is better on the fiber but i can play in later hours of the night on coax and have equal results as fiber also.

I was going to go with a vpn service also but i chatted extensively with one vpn service that told me if i actually went with them i could not get any other servers other that what is preconfigured in the duma OS lol.. I was like what? asked more questions like what if this or what if that and was told the same thing again. Also was told to lower your latency you will want less hops or a low latency connection to begin with if you go with us it can add more latency depends on how close their vpn and game server are to each other. Again not that any of this will help to the extent where you are going to have exceptional games every match you play even if everything is perfect.

I think most even i bought into duma os over all and notion that it fixes bad connections overall.. it can not fix isp or latency problems outside your local lan meaning anything outside of your home. it can stop devices from using bandwidth but you can also just disconnect them lol. 

What you want is least amount of hops to give you lowest latency overall in-game does not matter prioritize this or that hell if you have just the console or computer hooked up what is there to prioritize or eliminate lol?

Not to add more confusion but the Duma 3.0 has many many many issues that i know of and i'm not reporting i don't work for them, it is not my job. I'm not sure if they actually want to resolve these issues this you can read and if you test enough see some of the issues for yourself. Or they can not actually fix because they are issues beyond what they are capable of fixing at the moment.

This is just my opinion take it with a grain of salt and even though being that i'm on R2 and it is plagued with issues that have followed with it from the R1 and newer issues pop up on the optimized R2 lol😀..

One great feature i love the most is allow n deny everything else in duma does what majority of everyday routers do but it looks great as eye candy in a graphical format/layout lol. They have a leg up with block an allow game servers over any other router out there. All of this is my opinion remember this does not mean i'm right lol..

3 hours ago, CableGames22 said:

If only I could eliminate the "dirty" hops that I detect.   And no. My gf is with a different provider in a different city. And my god, it's beautiful playing at her house

• Administrators
12 hours ago, CableGames22 said:

Not to add more confusion but the Duma 3.0 has many many many issues that i know of and i'm not reporting i don't work for them, it is not my job. I'm not sure if they actually want to resolve these issues this you can read and if you test enough see some of the issues for yourself. Or they can not actually because they are issues beyond what they are capable of fixing at the moment.

This is just my opinion take it with a grain of salt and even though being that i'm on R2 and it is plagued with issues that have followed with it from the R1 and newer issues pop up on the optimized R2 lol😀..

One great feature i love the most is allow n deny everything else in duma does what majority of everyday routers do but it looks great as eye candy in graphical format lol. They have a leg up with block an allow game servers over any other router out there. All of this is my opinion remember this does not mean i'm right lol..

It is not your job but if you want the issues you have to be fixed then reporting them will be helpful. Not every single person/environment will have issues so not really the case to just test it ourselves even though we of course do. Any issue that comes up we are able to fix, the nature of development is that it is almost impossible to have perfect software that is bug free. 

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It is not your job but if you want the issues you have to be fixed then reporting them will be helpful. Not every single person/environment will have issues so not really the case to just test it ourselves even though we of course do. Any issue that comes up we are able to fix, the nature of development is that it is almost impossible to have perfect software that is bug free. 

It's a waiting game I will wait in line like i always have since being with duma since day one. I will continue to wait in line on Duma Router Rev2 the R2, whether it is of my own accord or forced to because updates get pushed back for whatever the Dev's reasons are..

No one is looking for a perfect software i don't think but, being on a product that is called optimized for firmware 3.0 just released people are  looking for reliability if not then frequent small updates YES/NO?

this optimized word we can spin it however we want, but i get it. I even said it since day one with R1 in beta, " half baked" all company's do this, push the updates. Push the updates, i knew the response i got and it was expected. Half Baked, you guy's are not exempt from this even though you say otherwise It shows in many delays out of beta and in beta

I'm not here to help past a beta stage i'm on a paid for working version or not? is it optimized or not? key word in bold, lets not spin it when your looking through the eyes of a select few that have an issue or two with their product. We are not talking about me here look around the forum i can wait but many are not patient..

my opinion only take this with a grain of salt.