Netduma R1 wont factory reset

Nickoplier

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Nickoplier said:

No update yet, checked Gmail with 'from:netduma.com', only see this forum chat.

I had a look via search and by going back to the date of the email and I can't see anything from you. Did you definitely send it to [email protected] ?

• 2 weeks later...

Went ahead and continued more troubleshooting steps, got my Unifi PoE injector to turn on the r1 with its power brick and the Netduma turns on. I've had this Netduma R1 unplugged for the past few days as I went ahead and just plugged my Belkin router back in and figured to try another power source. Same SSID, same if I plug it into WAN and connect to LAN or it's set a while ago SSID, it still has internet access, can't login to the interface because I don't remember the login. I hold the reset button till the lights turn on and then back off, hear a beep, open google search to run a one minute countdown, it's still on the same old SSID, and the interface login is still not admin/password.

I've made sure before that whatever this R1 had before for firmware version was 1.03.6g or somewhat before updating to DumaOS beta previously, and DumaOS beta was working perfectly fine, I was able to see that you could add modules, I saw a pie graph of the free space, etc. I've played around with adding port forwarding rules and setting DHCP ranges. I simply kept the interface login admin/password so I'm not sure if someone else played with my R1.  I've googled information about this router board and there's another bridgeable spot on the bottom of the RouterBOARD that can also be bridged to reset or a way to connect to the RouterBOARD Boot and try to netinstall. I hadn't tried these steps before, but email support is simply only offering to give me a coupon for another Netduma router, my R1 is out of warranty, and to make me have no choice but to wing it and see what will happen.

I don't know if Netduma has a custom bootloader in these routers but with how support goes for old hardware, it really is getting me nowhere.

MicroTek Netinstall: https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Netinstall

MicroTek Jumper Hole Reset next final steps that I'll be doing: https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Reset

I just want to make steps for people to follow who are into networking hardware such as me who are willing to keep products running for as long as possible. I don't need the new Netduma router because our internet speeds here are still slow to even be worth it to upgrade to a different router.

I'll update this post later once I can if any of these steps helped me reflash dumaos onto the router or any way of getting this thing to actually factory reset or reflash.

• Administrators

If you try netinstall I am pretty positive that you will not be able to reinstall DumaOS on to it and you would then have to put RouterOS on it to make it usable. If I was you I'd accept the coupon or just use it as is with no features being used really.