Netduma R1 wont factory reset

Nickoplier

I hear the Netduma R1 beep and the all the lights blink and go out, but after waiting a minute, I'm still connected to the old WiFi password and the login page for 192.168.88.1 isn't accepting admin/password as a login?

Edit: Tried things like unplugging all the ethernet ports from the router, tried unplugging the router right as it beeped, tried holding for an entire minute after it beeped... It's still connecting to the last WiFi name I made instead of NetdumaR1 and still has internet connectivity but I can't login to the dashboard.

This R1 has been updated to DumaOS but unsure what version but it's not latest.

Both access the login page, but I've tried all my known passwords to try to login, been trying to factory reset it but the button beeps but does nothing?

Edit: On what I mean nothing, it beeps and the lights flashes, but it reboots with the wifi still the same, like it didn't factory reset at all.

Edited by Nickoplier

I've tried holding the reset button directly from the steps on the knowledgebase, hold till the lights flash and let go and hear a beep. I've then waited 2 minutes after but no new WiFi, same wifi name and unknown user login for dashboard since its not admin/password.

Tried holding it for about 60 seconds, saw the ACT light flash on and still holding, let go and it beeped later on but still booted up normally, no new WiFi and still cant admin/password login to the dashboard.

I'm not sure if when I turned on IPv6 settings to run might of messed with it?

Going to try holding it again for 30 seconds for a beep and not using it for two minutes to see if it'll make a new WiFi name again.

Still being unresponsive to even factory reset, it keeps using the same old WiFi SSID. It won't reset.

Unplugged it for 10 minutes, held the power button for a few seconds before plugging power back in, let it boot up for two minutes then held button for 30 seconds, saw lights blink, ACT was flashing, solid, flashing etc, let go, heard a beep, waited for it to boot up for two minutes again and it's still the same SSID I've set. It's not resetting.

I can connect to the WiFi still, can still ping the webpage for the login, I can't get it to factory reset so I can do the update to the latest one beta and the wifi keeps acting up slow that I have to use LTE on my phone.

The reset button isn't broken because the router is beeping after I let go of the button and the wifi and 1-5 lights all flash on and off while I was holding the button.

But the Netduma R1 wont reset to the defaults, it's still on the SSID name I've set and I still can't login to the interface because it's 'incorrect'.

The troubleshooting I'm trying to do.

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000094903-how-to-factory-reset-the-netduma-r1-using-the-reset-button

I don't know the login to the Netduma, I've been trying to login with anything I can remember but it keeps reloading and showing 'username and password'. I've even tried the default username/password and it won't login.

I've pressed this button many times by now, heard so many beeping and the wifi 1-5 lights all flash and go away, etc. It's not resetting the SSID name nor the login.

image.thumb.png.4a853c238534319f40756365a084b280.png

image.png.941c93b4730957acfd3046538944a6a2.png

All I do know is that this R1 has been updated to one of the DumaOS versions, but not the latest beta this month.

WiFi does work and so does ethernet but it's very slow and I've been trying to reset this router thinking someone else on my WiFi messed around with the Netduma since I didn't change the default login once I updated to DumaOS. I've been having to wait minutes for several pages to even load so I'm trying to factory reset it, set a login this time, and do the update to beta, but the R1 wont do the factory reset. The router SSID isn't resetting to Netduma R1, it's still 'Kim ------'.  I can connect to the WiFi or ethernet, I can't get this R1 router to factory reset so I can login. The reset button DOES beep, and the wifi and 1-5 led's DO blink but it's not resetting even after waiting 10 minutes after clicking the reset button.

Is there a way to flash firmware through USB or something? I'm stumped and port 7777 is closed.

Here is ipconfig, all I do know is that I've disabled remote support thinking I didn't need it and also turned on IPv6 since our modem supports it.

image.png.1b0418986b37fb3ef747b2a084dcec22.png

TL;DR  The reset button is making the lights flash and beep after letting go of the reset button, but the router only acts like it reboots instead of restarting to factory settings so I can login.   The Netduma doesn't factory reset, the reset button keeps acting like a reboot button.

• Administrators

Okay what I would suggest is to actually unplug the router completely for 24 hours. That will let the residual power drain fully, then connect, see if you can access, if not then try the reset again. It has helped with issues like this in the past.

I'm starting to think I'm having the exact issues this person is having.

Had unplugged the Netduma R1 two hours after you responded about 'residual power' so it's been unplugged for the past 24 hours now.

Practically all the same efforts as this person's post.. Pressed the pin so many times, all lights blink, the Netduma R1 does blink all lights, you hear a beep, but it keeps booting up with the already configured settings, it.. wont.. factory.. reset..

Had it unplugged for over 24 hours now, really hated how slow our internet was with the thrift store router, plugged it back in, tried a reset first time after leaving it on for 2 minutes, hold button for 10 seconds, lights flashed before I let go, I let go and it beeped. I wait, same SSID. Tried logging in to http://r1/  or http://dumaos/ or http://192.168.88.1/ all show me the login page, tried   admin netdumar1, admin password, netdumar1 netdumar1, and what I've set the password to myself and none let me login.  Repeat the process by holding the button even longer, it beeps, I just use http://dumaos/ since it loads. To the point that I'm holding the button UNTIL it beeps which is over 35 seconds. Still not factory resetting and showing the configured SSID I put long ago. It's not resetting the WiFi SSID to what the knowledge base says it'll do.

The only information I have is that the router was set to have remote access off so port 7777 is closed (woops if that would of helped) and that I have toggled IPv6 on.  I have signed up for the DumaOS beta earlier this year and installed a DumaOS version, hinting that I can access http://dumaos/ and see the login request.  I've tried both a PC, laptop, and a mobile phone to type a login into and nothing will get me to the interface for me to update to the more latest DumaOS.

I had been able to access the DumaOS login page before and I left it default at admin/password. It was working fine for the past month or so till I heard Netduma was releasing another DumaOS update that I tried to login and think someone else changed the login on the Netduma.

I was sure that I kept the previous version, following step by step about versions since I'm still able to use the internet on the Netduma with it's WiFi. I just simply can't get the Netduma to factory reset so I can connect to the interface. It's still working fine right now, r1, dumaos, 192.168.88.1, and there's internet connectivity that sometimes grind down to a slow halt at random, can't check the settings if someone played around with device prioritization.

Since I've updated to DumaOS long ago, I don't remember what the previous Netduma R1 firmware was before I did the update to DumaOS.

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

When did this start happening exactly?

about 1 month aprox, i have two R1, one is fine(new) i notice that the new one have have another ethernet properties have some default ipv4 config and the name is different, look at the photos

r1new.jpg

r1bad.jpg

By any chance, does the Netduma cancel the factory reset button if a device connects to wifi after it beeps? We do have lots of wireless and wired devices, with the Netduma being plugged to a WiFi bridge with Unifi NanoStations and a few Wyze cameras that also connect to the Netduma WiFi.

I've only been connecting to my Netduma R1 via WiFi and through the other side of the WiFi bridge for my PC which is plugged into ethernet on the Netduma and the WiFi bridge is made using two NanoStations. There's no double NAT, Netduma handles all the DHCP.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Evildark007 said:

no, only one, the others just are vpn but they all are disconected 

It shouldn't make a difference but keep the browser in English and then try to sign in:

admin
password

If that doesn't work are you able to unplug it from power for 24 hours and then try again? 

8 minutes ago, Nickoplier said:

By any chance, does the Netduma cancel the factory reset button if a device connects to wifi after it beeps? We do have lots of wireless and wired devices, with the Netduma being plugged to a WiFi bridge with Unifi NanoStations and a few Wyze cameras that also connect to the Netduma WiFi.

I've only been connecting to my Netduma R1 via WiFi and through the other side of the WiFi bridge for my PC which is plugged into ethernet on the Netduma and the WiFi bridge is made using two NanoStations. There's no double NAT, Netduma handles all the DHCP.

I have never heard of that happening at all so honestly it could be possible, do you have the ability to try so that doesn't happen? Also can you try plugging into it directly?

I've went ahead and unplugged the Netduma and plugged it in far away from the original location that no device should be able to connect to WiFi.

It's still booting up with the same SSID that isn't the Netduma default after waiting a minute, pressing the button for 15 seconds, letting go, lights flashing after holding it 9 seconds in, and beeping about two seconds after I let go of the button. Checked my phone and it's still the same SSID in the list, I don't see Netduma R1 as the SSID.

I've went ahead and left it there for another minute, unplugged it, brought it back, plugged it in for the internet. Was able to get the login page using http://dumaos/, tried admin-password, nothing, just reloads the page to empty boxes, click cancel shows 

Authorization Required

Tried again by plugging my laptop directly to the netduma and disabling the WiFi from the laptop button, WiFi disabled, ethernet plugged directly to one of the LAN 1-4 ports on the Netduma, http://dumaos/ shows the page, admin-password still does nothing for letting me login.

I've also went ahead and sent an email, hadn't gotten a reply yet.