Lag Spikes, Packet Loss and Internet Drops

Scruty

I bought R2 about a month ago, I specially got my internet all changed to a public IP instead of a VLAN which was a lot of work. I have tried everything to fix the mentioned issues in the title. This thing cannot handle my internet and network at all, I have a gigabit connection and it shows 10 mbps on connection benchmark. When I just got it, it was working well, but with time the quality has degraded at a constant rate. This is a pretty expensive router too, this internet and packet loss issue is not to be expected of a product of this price range. I changed back to my R7000 and everything is stable and amazing again but unfortunately I cannot have the QoS and geo-filters on it. I need help, please this is extremely aggravating and I have been on this for a while. I have a dual stack connection (IPv4&IPv6).

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The speed part of Connection Benchmark seems to struggle showing the correct speeds for those that have really high bandwidth, we are looking into that and will resolve it. Looks to be an issue with the servers being used and the feature.

Where are you measuring the spikes, packet loss etc? How often are you receiving internet drops and does it occur across all devices? What is the router plugged into, a pure modem or a modem/router?

Hey fraser!

Constant spikes in the whole connection, tried using packet loss tester and it keeps loosing packets there, missed my shots a lot in COD: WZ and packet loss ranging from 1% - 15% constantly. It seems to me as a firmware issue or it could be a hardware problem. I have plugged the router directly into the wall socket and using the adapter provided so it's drawing recommended power. It is plugged into a pure modem in the form of a wall socket. Before I had issue with double NAT but I called the ISP and he removed the management on my connection and gave me a direct public IP which resolved all NAT problems for me allowing me to use geo filter. I have a dual stack ipv4 and ipv6 connection and have tried every combination of enabling and disabling ipv6 in WAN and LAN on the R2, nothing seems to resolve it.