GUI not loading, R-APP taking too long to respond.

Hi,

My network has been running solidly for the last 12 days which is the longest since having it that it hasn’t been rebooted for one reason or another outside of the routers control. However on this the 12th day the gui no longer loads correctly, I get the error message about the R-App taking too long, in saying this the router is working as it should despite this error. 

I was hoping that this router would be stable for the long term without having to reboot, my last ASU’s router needed a reboot once a week to stay operational and I was hoping this would not be the case with this router. The firmware is the latest and not the 3.0 beta. 

C19091E1-7AAA-4265-B74C-767A420F321B.png

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I would recommend upgrading to the 3.0 beta because it should resolve this and if not then we can look at directly why that may be happening and then deploy a fix.

I have been looking at the forums over on Netgear and the 3.0 beta seems to have a lot of stability issues in of itself and as I value stability it doesn’t seem like the smart move right now. Especially the 100% cpu usage bug. 

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, Yorkshirelion said:

I have been looking at the forums over on Netgear and the 3.0 beta seems to have a lot of stability issues in of itself and as I value stability it doesn’t seem like the smart move right now. Especially the 100% cpu usage bug. 

Only 2 people have had that so far as far as I can see so it's not any less stable than a normal firmware. You can always downgrade if you run into that issue.

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, crunkjuice1 said:

If I already have the first XR500 3.0 beta firmware from first mass release can I just reinstall it? Or is there something different within this one?

You can leave it as is, it was a cloud issue that has been rectified.

Ok, I have updated to the new firmware, devices were dropping off the network and everything had slowed down on the router.

On the new 3.0, if I set filesharing for example to 0% that would mean that no bandwidth would be reserved for filesharing but it can have the excess? Do device and application qos work in tandem?

Also how do I know if a media stream for example is being picked up by the application QOS for example?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Yorkshirelion said:

Ok, I have updated to the new firmware, devices were dropping off the network and everything had slowed down on the router.

On the new 3.0, if I set filesharing for example to 0% that would mean that no bandwidth would be reserved for filesharing but it can have the excess? Do device and application qos work in tandem?

Also how do I know if a media stream for example is being picked up by the application QOS for example?

Yes that's exactly right, it would get the excess. No you can only use Device or Application allocation not both at the same time. You won't be able to tell, it is just for assigning bandwidth to those devices. We will have an Rapp in future called Data History that would give you more information like that.

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes that's exactly right, it would get the excess. No you can only use Device or Application allocation not both at the same time. You won't be able to tell, it is just for assigning bandwidth to those devices. We will have an Rapp in future called Data History that would give you more information like that.

Thanks for the information, I’m not sure what the best QOS would be on my system, I think for now I will use the application QOS as I like the idea that file downloads and console downloads hopefully would get throttled but that would also take bandwidth away from my stadia streaming. However for the most part I only really use Stadia when the Network is quiet due to the amount of bandwidth required.