Slow speed and lagging

Danno1016

I recently purchased the Netduma R2 router and I only have it connected to my PC and PS4 but I can't play any online games on my PS4 when I am connected to the WiFi and when I play games on my PC they are laging more. The internet also occasionally drops every now and then. Can someone help with this?

I turned off mirror mode and switched my PS4 to the 2.4 Ghz and my Pc to the 5GHz but on my PS4 I am still only getting around 20 download speed and around 2 upload speed. Is there anything i can do to help this?

Also i just tried to play a game on my Pc and Im still lagging a lot.

And I still can't play online games on my PS4. 

There is a firmware in the works to improve the R2's wifi, until then if you still have your old router you can set it up as an access point to use its wifi instead of the R2's, that way you'll have all the features of the R2 and you'll be able t connect your PC/PS4 to your old wifi and not lag?

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Danno1016 said:

I turned off mirror mode and switched my PS4 to the 2.4 Ghz and my Pc to the 5GHz but on my PS4 I am still only getting around 20 download speed and around 2 upload speed. Is there anything i can do to help this?

Also i just tried to play a game on my Pc and Im still lagging a lot.

And I still can't play online games on my PS4. 

The speed you're getting for the PS4 is absolutely enough for gaming but if you wanted higher speeds then you should use 5GHz. For PC you should connect to 2.4GHz as that is more stable for gaming. What do you mean you can't play on the PS4? Are you using the Geo-Filter or QoS?

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, Danno1016 said:

Ok and yes I am using the Geo filter but sat when i go to play madden online i'll get all the way to the searching screen then it just stays there so it won't let me play versus actual other people.

What are your Geo-Filter and QoS settings?

My Geo Filter is in a polygon mode with several surrounding states. My QoS I have the Bandwidth locations at 66 for gaming and 6 for everything else for upload and download, My congestion control is at 71% download and 17% upload.

• Administrators

Is there anything blocked outside your polygons when you're searching for a game? What are the pings you get on console and PC to a game? Have you used Congestion Control with Connection Benchmark to reach those percentages for the best Ping Under Load results?

Nothing is blocked outside my polygons. I usually have 20 or lower ping but with this router im getting worse ping and lag for some reason. When i do my connection test on my PC they all are A+ but i still dont have great connection. Also a couple comments ago you told me to switch my PS4 to the 5GHz but when i go to set it up it doesnt show up for the Wifi. Also currently i am able to play online games such as madden but i still lag during them.

• Administrators

Can you provide a screenshot of your entire Geo-Filter page please showing what it looks like when you're in the game, include the ping panel as well. As in the PS4 didn't show 5GHz? If so then I think that is due to the PS4 not supporting 5GHz, might be the pro that does. Please also provide a screenshot of the Connection Benchmark results.

• Administrators

Connection Benchmark runs directly from the router so will be unaffected by being on WiFi. You do have a lot of jitter when under load and even normally. You'll need to experiment with Congestion Control on Always with different percentages to see if you can get it down.

You're not zoomed out fully so you may be missing icons that are getting blocked. Where you in a game as there isn't a ping or anything on the map. Give your PC a PlayStation device type and then re-add it and choose the manual option.

I changed it to a playstation device and I'm not lagging as much but it still takes a while to find games for my PC. Also my playstation is still not getting as much as upload and download as i think it should be getting. And the Ping Heatmap isnt working at the moment idk if thats just me or everyone.

• Administrators

Your Polygon is quite restrictive so if there aren't many servers in that area then it will take a long time. Gaming doesn't use much bandwidth at all so it will be fine for gaming, console speed tests aren't super accurate so if you get full speed on a PC that's the main thing. Flush the cloud for Ping Heatmap and it should work again.

I can't flush my ping heatmap because those 3 lines won't show up. When I said the ping heatmap isn't working I mean it won't even load up. Sometimes when i play a game i load in fine and maybe lag a little during the game, but other times i'm not even able to find a game and i'll get stuck searching and have to restart the game.