MW Dedicated Servers / Peer to Peer Setup

DLinn

I'm currently playing on Xbox. I've setup my Geo-Filter, basically covering the east coast.  From the ping heat map it looks like there is a dedicated server located in NY/NJ with good ping. Is there a way to ensure that I play on that dedicated server.  MW will search and search, with the ping constantly going up and I end up with a peer to peer connection.  Question does the Player Icon represent a Host/Peer connection.   I have a similar issue playing Apex Legends there are 3 perfectly good servers (NY, VA), but the games keeps trying to send me to the midwest or west coast.  I will get disconnected or have trouble establishing a connection to EA servers.  Also does partying up affect the server choice or connection type?  Everyone I play live within 30 mins of me normally.  I would just like to play on dedicated servers and avoid peer to peer connections.  Thank you.

• Administrators

On the Geo-Filter when you actually ping the host you get within your radius when you get it is it the ping that heat map said it would be or is it higher? For Apex we need to do some cloud updates to improve compatibility further, would suggest not filtering and selecting the server in game for now. Some servers/hosts can be mislocated and so their ping won't make sense for their location, servers can also be misclassified as peers so it is unlikely you're actually playing P2P. Playing in a group can expand search times yes.

I’ll need to verify. But when I look at the COD MW ping reader it’s was over 100ms. I’ve had multiple host migration warnings. That’s why I feel that I’m putting myself into a peer to peer connection. This doesn’t seem to happen nearly as much when I’m playing solo. Once I group up with friends it’s more prevalent. Also I’ve have the various servers to my Allow list. Thanks.

• Administrators

The in game ping will be higher because it includes things like processing delay which all games have and can't be reduced by you but it could indicate you need to try a different server. If you look at the domain name on the Geo-Filter it should give you a good idea whether it is a server or not, it would say choopa or demonware for example. As you're the host and you're restricting the connection the game is trying to find a game within your parameters but also one that can accommodate your party so might be best in that scenario to widen your radius.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that I am a little late to this party but I have been scrolling through the topics trying to get all of the info I can on Modern Warfare's servers. Its been a confusing subject to say the least. I couldn't help notice that Online Gamer is in Florida and said that the server in Georgia works the best, Well I am in South Carolina and very much agree about the server in Georgia but I cant always connect to and right its not even showing up for, I have flush the cloud, rebooted and also done a factory reset on my R2. So jus wondering if anyone else was experiencing  this and is there an explanation ?

• Administrators
3 hours ago, xXxDETHRONExXx said:

I know that I am a little late to this party but I have been scrolling through the topics trying to get all of the info I can on Modern Warfare's servers. Its been a confusing subject to say the least. I couldn't help notice that Online Gamer is in Florida and said that the server in Georgia works the best, Well I am in South Carolina and very much agree about the server in Georgia but I cant always connect to and right its not even showing up for, I have flush the cloud, rebooted and also done a factory reset on my R2. So jus wondering if anyone else was experiencing  this and is there an explanation ?

Could you provide a screenshot of your entire Geo-Filter page please? Do you see any servers at all?