Duma R2 on xfinity

Mikeysacks

Recently moved and changed internet provider and upgraded to the R2.  Started using Xfinity in the new home with the r1 and everything was working as usual (Cable connected to netgear CM-700 modem then to R1).  Received the R2 tonight connected the cm-700 to the blue internet port on the R2 and It kept giving the error of can not find internet connection.  After messing with it for a bit I can get the wifi working but not able to connect to xbox live.  Any help would be appreciated, thank you.  

So you are able to access the router through 192.168.77.1? And you do have internet connection using wifi with the R2? Also when you first hooked up the R2 did you run through the setup wizard on the R2? Strange that your Xbox isnt connecting if you did that.. Is the Xbox showing up in Device Manager?

Thanks!

Zippy.

I do not know what that really means (pppoe,vlan).  When Xfinity came to install they used a gateway router/modem but I decided to then use my own router.  I had to call xfinity and give them the mac address to the new modem.  Once that was working I started using my r1 with no problem with the same setting I had when I was using with fios in another state.  I switched to the r2 and nothing.  I reset the router and all I get is the " could not detect  an internet connection".  I'm stuck!! 🥺

SmartSelect_20200922-203221_Samsung Internet.jpg

I have your exact setup..u have to login into the duma router..go into settings and turn dhcp on..ur modem is not a router so u need thr netduma to give out ip address..i would reccomend making the xbox ip static aswell..if it doesnt work right away.  turn them both off completely..turn on modem wait 30 seconds then turn on duma and viola

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Mikeysacks said:

I do not know what that really means (pppoe,vlan).  When Xfinity came to install they used a gateway router/modem but I decided to then use my own router.  I had to call xfinity and give them the mac address to the new modem.  Once that was working I started using my r1 with no problem with the same setting I had when I was using with fios in another state.  I switched to the r2 and nothing.  I reset the router and all I get is the " could not detect  an internet connection".  I'm stuck!! 🥺

Thanks for the info. There click WAN Setup and then you can skip past it to complete the wizard, then as above apply DHCP in WAN Settings and see if that prompts the connection to return.