XR1000 not loading the QOS menu

Just switched from XR500 to XR1000 and upgraded to the latest firmware on 1000 and when I click on the QOS it just tells me the "Rapp is not loaded yet, Please try again in a minute" :(((

and the whole navigation is very unresponsive at times. I could not get the connection benchmark to do anything also, so needless to say I am disappointed :(( 

3 hours ago, RichardRO said:

Just switched from XR500 to XR1000 and upgraded to the latest firmware on 1000 and when I click on the QOS it just tells me the "Rapp is not loaded yet, Please try again in a minute" :(((

and the whole navigation is very unresponsive at times. I could not get the connection benchmark to do anything also, so needless to say I am disappointed :(( 

Did you factory reset after the update to firmware?

if not I would strongly recommend you do as this clears the Low level code. Do not load a saved config but set up as new. Test once reset.

Guest Killhippie
4 hours ago, RichardRO said:

What firmware? There is none listed for it on the Netgear site in the link below, unless it was a straight to device and has not been posted yet. What version is it running and did you factory reset?

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/xr1000.aspx#download

Yes, when I was doing the initial setup it asked to look for firmware and found a newer version and I let it update it. I did not do  a factory reset because I thought it would not be necessary since it was on factory settings anyway but I will do it know since  you are recommending it. The firmware version now is 1.0.0.44_1.0.33

Believe me I was pissed because I have ordered on September 8th and it said delivery on the 15th so on the 17th I see an ad on Facebook saying buy today it ships tomorrow so I called netgear and complained. On the 18th I looked on netgear's website and saw the xr1000 is in stock so I waited an hour and 45 minutes to speak with netgear and they said they "just received them" so I got mine yesterday but it really frustrated me when I saw those ads and I was waiting like an idiot. I will try the factory reset but it does not really make sense and it is already a question mark of it is doing this, I sense more trouble in the future 😩😩😩

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, RichardRO said:

Believe me I was pissed because I have ordered on September 8th and it said delivery on the 15th so on the 17th I see an ad on Facebook saying buy today it ships tomorrow so I called netgear and complained. On the 18th I looked on netgear's website and saw the xr1000 is in stock so I waited an hour and 45 minutes to speak with netgear and they said they "just received them" so I got mine yesterday but it really frustrated me when I saw those ads and I was waiting like an idiot. I will try the factory reset but it does not really make sense and it is already a question mark of it is doing this, I sense more trouble in the future 😩😩😩

Well that's great you managed to get it before the official launch but I appreciate it's actually later than you anticipated. Totally understand, we will of course put out updates to any issues that we come across but hopefully that will be resolved by a reset. What device/browser are you using to access the interface?

I have done the reset and now it is working fine. I was trying in edge, chrome and Firefox. I initially thought it was a browser incompatibility but it wasn't. I still get a " this app is taking too long, please try again later " when I adjust settings in QOS. But not all the time. 

It is getting more and more disappointing with the XR1000. It started to not load the DumaOS page and I have restated my computer, replaced the ethernet cable tried to get in duma din my iPhone and I kept getting this message 'operation is taking longer than expected....' Se the attached screenshots. I have enabled Armor and I wonder if this is the issue. I have restated the router and I am still getting the error but the processors looked overused without having my playstation on. It is slowly becoming a nightmare, I think this might have been a rushed release, I don't think duma os 3 was ready 😩😩😩😩😩

Now after restart I am missing titles in the duma os menu. This is really a beta not a full realease, please come up with a fix asap. Thanks. 1B3D2C13-61F0-4A79-AE17-18B49AF71E2C.thumb.jpeg.b54b5654842bc92b13723061f15ec886.jpeg

6B020E2F-5EC0-4EA3-95D7-603C5F2049D8.jpeg

I would say the cpu chart is bugged, 2 cores flat out and one is limping along.

How hot to the touch is the router?

ive not looked at the XR1000 or the RAX50, does it have a fan on the top or is the cooling passive?

Guest Killhippie

I think its passive cooled its a triple core 1.5Ghz, I would disable armor as i think that is taxing the system way to much. The RAX5400 series which this is based on does not have a quad core and I fear Netgear may have needed to add a better CPU as even 1.8Ghz quad core non DumaOS units have issues with Bitdefender. On my router I never turned it on and I have a 2.2Ghz quad core. Try with it turned off. New routers are generally buggy, tbh its best to wait a few months for releases to patch issues before jumping especially these days, covid-19  means testing is harder as there are less people to do it both firmware wise at Netgears end and I fear at point of manufacture.

This goes for all hardware not just Netgears, thats maybe why why stock levels of routers are so low in general. I had a message that the RAX120 wont be in stock for a while due to shortages, (its not EOL i asked Netgear) same with many other router manufacturers, even 2020 iMacs running top spec GPU's are having issues which I've not seen reported before on that platform. I think its a sign of the pressure on manufacturers to make money with shortages in the supply chain and maybe substandard hardware is slipping though, who knows. :(

7 hours ago, Newfie said:

I would say the cpu chart is bugged, 2 cores flat out and one is limping along.

How hot to the touch is the router?

ive not looked at the XR1000 or the RAX50, does it have a fan on the top or is the cooling passive?

Well the interesting thing is that I have anticipated overheating from the XR500 issues I had so it sits on a cooling pad. Also that's why I have suggested we need to have a temperature Rapp with notifications to keep an eye on that. 

5 hours ago, Killhippie said:

I think its passive cooled its a triple core 1.5Ghz, I would disable armor as i think that is taxing the system way to much. The RAX5400 series which this is based on does not have a quad core and I fear Netgear may have needed to add a better CPU as even 1.8Ghz quad core non DumaOS units have issues with Bitdefender. On my router I never turned it on and I have a 2.2Ghz quad core. Try with it turned off. New routers are generally buggy, tbh its best to wait a few months for releases to patch issues before jumping especially these days, covid-19  means testing is harder as there are less people to do it both firmware wise at Netgears end and I fear at point of manufacture.

This goes for all hardware not just Netgears, thats maybe why why stock levels of routers are so low in general. I had a message that the RAX120 wont be in stock for a while due to shortages, (its not EOL i asked Netgear) same with many other router manufacturers, even 2020 iMacs running top spec GPU's are having issues which I've not seen reported before on that platform. I think its a sign of the pressure on manufacturers to make money with shortages in the supply chain and maybe substandard hardware is slipping though, who knows. :(

I think you are right, I was thinking the same way, companies rush new product out of financial desperation but they might make it worse because it could destroy the brand image. 

• Administrators

It is really strange because we haven't seen those type of issues recently at all. We did initially have some issues with Armor so you could be right there, could you disable it and reboot the router and see if the issues are still present?

• 11 months later...
On 3/16/2021 at 10:44 AM, Netduma Liam said:

When you join the voice channel, watch the Geo-filter map for a blocked server to appear, then manually allow that server and you should be good to go.

the problem is the geo-filter map is not loading