why is x700 last for 3.0 and already obsolete

xr700 was bought 3mo ago hours i research for routers not one mention of xr1000.now xr700 its last for dumos 3.0 why?it was supposed to be the flagship for netgear i would of waited for the xr1000.  plus xr700  has some 60type wifi that i cant find a single device to connect to it. is wifi 6 hardware that different?  why not give firmware for wifi 6 for the xr700. as netgear advertised it as " FUTURE PROOF"  and its already phased  out and obsolete to the xr1000.plus xr700 was $100 more  i dont get it? feel lied too. i  wont ever believe  anything from netgear. maybe its just not the support thats terrible and  when it expires they want you to pay to have some one transfer your calls and not help you and knows nothing about the product i strongly believe its all of netgear thats terrible i even bought that x10 pro gaming  switch at the at same time over $700 for both.  surprise theres not a newer one yet.  even if it is  coming out. within 1-3 months netgear wont mention any thing  until a week before its release.  found a firmware page for xr700 the 1.0.1.24beta installed in xr700 and its exactly the same.  i have a feeling since its aug 18 2020 and and still no 3.0 for xr700 netgear will come out saying its not compatible and wont be able to get dumos3.0 on xr700  prove me wrong.  im upgrading modems soon i was looking into the new netgear  modem with 3.1 docis since it has link aggregation but my xr700 is link aggreg to the pro switch  i dont see a difference thats how i found out how bad their support is. only time i do its when i link aggregs my aris modem sb8200  but then i need my other aris modem router combo sbg8300 to get internet from my second 1gig isp account   i dont think i  will get another net gear product. not unless they step up and explain why my FUTURE PROOF ROUTER IS OBSOLITE. replace it for the xr1000 and  throw in a  new top model modem, i have a netgear sign in you have my address.  i wont hold my breath for 3.0 from what i have been reading its bad. really not surprised.  i see linksys has a new  wrt gaming router  that might be the way to go.  2.0 wasnt that great and hardly works probably  the same for 3.0 advertise how great it is but once you have it disappointment sets in.  i am sure im not the only xr700 owner that feels this way. Netgear advertisement team is top of the line and i give them credit they are good.  i feel bad that they have to advertise snake oil im sure thers a lot of other honest companies they could work for. all of them should send out resumes they probably been lied to as well form netgear and are unhappy working there, im very frustrated and disappointed.  feels like i was robbed

Not sure what you are trying to achieve.

With link aggregation you can't combine 2 ISPs, you can only combine multiple ports to another device, like a switch. You shouldn't run aggregation to your S10 switch but use 10G SFP. Won't really do you much good though unless you run a NAS off your router / switch or something.

If you want to combine 2 internet connections you need a router that has load balancing capacities or a separate load balancer. 

XR500 is their most popular platform so it makes sense the beta is run on that.

XR700 is a niche product really. You can have 10G support but since there is only 1 SFP+ device it won't do you much good as you can only connect to a switch or to WAN, not both. It's a product more aimed at users that have heavy internal traffic like when using a NAS / Media server with many clients.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

As with most companies they do not often advertise a new product until fairly close to a release. This is also due to the fact that a lot of work goes into it, manufacturing, testing etc and if there was a big hiccup it could be delayed heavily. Some good replies to your other points above. 3.0 will come to XR700, it is significant work porting to different router architecture. If you've seen bad issues for the XR500 3.0 beta that is because it is in beta, we have no intention to release it with the bugs it has currently. This is the first time Netgear have done an open beta like this, that is something we really wanted so we could collect as much feedback as possible.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

As with most companies they do not often advertise a new product until fairly close to a release. This is also due to the fact that a lot of work goes into it, manufacturing, testing etc and if there was a big hiccup it could be delayed heavily. Some good replies to your other points above. 3.0 will come to XR700, it is significant work porting to different router architecture. If you've seen bad issues for the XR500 3.0 beta that is because it is in beta, we have no intention to release it with the bugs it has currently. This is the first time Netgear have done an open beta like this, that is something we really wanted so we could collect as much feedback as possible.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We understand the XR 500 is the most popular and maybe the flag ship but you guys advertised the XR 700 the most powerful. If so why wouldnt you come out with the 3.0 for the 700 first for those who spent the funds on it then trickle down to the 500 and the R1 you guys just skipped the most important one the 700 and now you guys are coming out with R2 and 1000 your back peddling. I could be wrong. You guys have to understand people invested in your products we waited and waited and then we get slapped in the face with the R2 and Now the 1000. and the app is not out yet again for the second year of bringing it up but I could be wrong just saying.

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, Papa2sweet said:

We understand the XR 500 is the most popular and maybe the flag ship but you guys advertised the XR 700 the most powerful. If so why wouldnt you come out with the 3.0 for the 700 first for those who spent the funds on it then trickle down to the 500 and the R1 you guys just skipped the most important one the 700 and now you guys are coming out with R2 and 1000 your back peddling. I could be wrong. You guys have to understand people invested in your products we waited and waited and then we get slapped in the face with the R2 and Now the 1000. and the app is not out yet again for the second year of bringing it up but I could be wrong just saying.

By doing the XR500 first we can collect way more feedback that will also help to improve the XR700, I understand you don't like the way it's been done but then we can't please everyone, if we did the XR700 first we'd get the exact same argument with people saying the 500 is the most popular. Us & Netgear are capable of working on multiple things at a time, we can't not release a new router because someone has purchased it recently. The app is pretty close actually. I'm confident when everyone gets 3.0 on their respective router they'll be pleased with the improvements. 

Guest Killhippie

There is nothing that is future proof, you can buy a brand new graphics card costing over £1000 and a week later a newer version comes out, that's life. You cant keep up with the latest and greatest there and there is no point trying. The XR1000 will be replaced too at some point, its just marketing all companies do it. Enjoy what you have and don't worry about what you don't. If the XR700 is doing what you want it to what's the problem anyway. Just enjoy life. Also you cant add Wi-Fi 6 to the XR700 as it would need new hardware, the 802.11ad it had never took off either, it was as has been pointed out is a niche product. :)