r2 vs isp direct connect to modem

betrhlf

the game plays fine when i plug my xbox directly into my isp modem.I have spectrum internet. i have 400/20 internet.I have no isp issues as far as ingress or signal to noise. it is a brand new apartment complex. As soon as i put the r2 into use the gaming experience falls off dramatically.I feel like i am behind every person i come in contact with.I get what seems like only hit markers. Side note, i can't even use the wifi on the r2 in a central point in a single level 1200 sqf apartment.the speed and coverage are pretty bad.I have a xr450 in ap mode to just get wifi. The r2  i use the polygon geo filter setup for east coast u.s.a. i play around 30-45 ping rate when i do get into a lobby. i use the qos set to on all the time. Any help would be appreciated because this is very frustrating.

• Administrators

Where are you measuring the ping, on the Geo-Filter or on the game? What QoS settings are you using? Have you tried to get the Ping Under Load result from Benchmark down as much as possible when using QoS? We are working on improving WiFi right now.

measuring ping through pinging the host in the software.i set qos to always on and have a+ buffer bloat across the board.yes i have played with it numerous times. my internet keeps my ping value at around 30 not matter what i do. This what gets me because it all seems ok but again running through the r2 something in the netwoking gets issues itt seems like.

• Administrators

What ping do you see in game when connected to the modem compared to the ping in game when connected to the R2? Could you provide a screenshot of your Connection Benchmark results please? What is the model of your ISP modem/router?

the results come back for ping prioritize has my internet connection down to almost 5% download and 95% upload.  side note will the new firmware being released soon help with any of these issues i am having. i mean i ordered the r2 at launched used it for about 3 days and just took it back out hoping that my moving locations might of made a difference in my network issue with the r2. however it made no difference

• Administrators

QoS doesn't affect the Benchmark speeds as Benchmark is supposed to be a tool to tell what your general connection is like and therefore would be skewed by having QoS affect it. What do you get for ping under load with those settings?

so i did a factory reset on the r2 left everything as stock as possible. i added my speed and shut off wifi and ipv6.this is the bench mark i get. all things look very good. Although i still experience the better game play direct plug into my isp modem.  i also ran a ping prioritization setup and its asking me to set it at 2% upload and 2% download. So that wont work for my house hold at all.

Screenshot (3).png

i have done all that i can i used geo filter and set up a larger area. i have used the polygon drawing pen and chose the best and medium ping areas as per the heat map. I tried a factory reset and just put my speeds in and changed nothing else. i tried turning on and off ipv6.i have done different combinations of things for 3 hours or so before changing so i would have a good test experience. I'm just thinking i cut my loses and return the router.