Rs: Console UI crash

badrisuper

Hi

Every now and then R2 console page getting crashed and not loading.  Error message says R-app not able to load.  What happens even though internet is there no router functionality is working like QoS, geo filter etc.  I have to restart the router to fix it.  Its clear that not only the UI but R-apps also got crashed.  Could you please check that?

Thanks

Badri M

Same here RApps crashing at random intervals (not necessarily the same ones), reboot is the only way to get back up and running. 

image.png.25b93581bd1033ec82cf1b23ed2acc48.png

Everything has been fine for the last  couple of weeks, but this week, I have had to reboot at least twice a day. The only fundamental setting change made is issuing/reserving Fixed IPs in the DHCP setting to ensure that device get the same IP address. If I do not do this, old IP leases are still attached to a device (that is not online), even though a different online device has been assign that same IP address. However the name of the device shown, for example in Network Monitor is for the offline device and not the online device that is using that IP. When the Offline device comes online, it is given a new IP address, however when you click on the device in Device Manager is shows both the old IP address (which is assigned to another online device and the new IP address). There is no way of deleting the lease of old IP address without rebooting.

A suggested roadmap item is the ability to "delete" IP leases instead of forcing a reboot to do the same job.

Hi @Netduma Fraser

I updated to the shared firmware version.  I noticed a different issue now.  I configured vpn and my ps4.  Later I removed the ps4 from vpn list.  In ps4 in-game it shows NAT as strict.  I have to restart the router to have open connection.  Could you please check that?

Thanks

Badri M

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If the PS4 was still online even in standby mode when you removed it from the VPN then you probably just needed to restart the console to correct it.

No, I restarted PS4 as well.  

I add device by using add device button. 

If I add and remove my console from the list when I was logged in the game it will kick me out and says disconnected. I always restart my console when i do this. 

Thanks

Badri M

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, badrisuper said:

I add device by using add device button. 

If I add and remove my console from the list when I was logged in the game it will kick me out and says disconnected. I always restart my console when i do this. 

Thanks

Badri M

Using what option specifically or did it give you the greyed out Do NOT VPN these services option by default?

No, I didnt have open NAT

Even though I disable NAT in vyprVPN control panel

I verified with customer care as well.  They couldnt help me other than disabling NAT in control panel

Thanks

Badri M

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, badrisuper said:

No, I didnt have open NAT

Even though I disable NAT in vyprVPN control panel

I verified with customer care as well.  They couldnt help me other than disabling NAT in control panel

Thanks

Badri M

Just to clarify, where did you disable that, on the website and then it gave you a config to use or using the PC client?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, badrisuper said:

I disable NAT in vyprvpn site.  Once your account created, you will have access to control panel which gives handful of options.  

In router I used .ovpn file

And it generates a .ovpn file based on the options you choose?

No,  ovpn file is not generated.  Its readily available.  The file they had is for AsusWRT I think.  I took that file and it works without any issue.

Disabling NAT is a separate option that doesnt present in ovpn file.  Its an option available in their server which connects to my vyprVPN account

vyprvpn.PNG

• Administrators

Okay interesting. I don't think there is anything on our side that would prevent you getting an open NAT, especially if you have an Open NAT without a VPN enabled. You could try putting the VPN device in the DMZ and see if that helps.