Ping Heatmap Not Working Correctly

xX_Super_Gremlin_Xx

The only way I can get my Ping Heatmap to work is by rebooting my R2. So everyday for the last week or so now, I would go in and try to check my heatmap but it would not load until I would reboot my router. After reboot I noticed that none of my custom lists that I had set the previous day would ping the servers that I had saved. But when I would ping the actual game list those servers would then show up. Ive been repeating this process for the past 3 days now and same results every time.

• Administrators

Could you provide a screenshot of what doesn't load exactly please? How did you add the servers to your custom list exactly? Did you use the Add to list button from the CoD server list for example or did you manually make a list and type in the IPs yourself?

• Administrators

If you're trying to Ping a game server then you will need to use the Add to list button in order to ping it correctly. The reason being that CoD for example blocks traditional pings so we have to send some game data to get a response. By typing out the IP manually we don't know if that is a game server and that's why it is unable to ping.

Ive had 3 techs out here in the past 4 days and this last one that was here today found a few issues related to some of the lines which he replaced and did some cleaning up of the lines, had me feeling real positive that everything was going to be all good, but in the end still having issues with me ping, and my internet has basically just been real  intermittent. So im actually on the phone with now with another tech and he says one his end that im showing weak signal so hes got me on hold trying to get a supervisor. This all just started about ago and before that i was golden, running consistantly 10-25ms ping and my speeds were on point as well. just very lost  

• Administrators
11 hours ago, xXxDETHRONExXx said:

everything seems to be back up and running, my speeds are good and so is my ping its 35-40, but i was hitting like 15-20 before all of this, and id like to get back to that if possible. any ideas on how i might be able to get back to that? 

As they've corrected errors it is likely something like DLM that has kicked in to try and provide a more stable connection. It may take a few days or a bit longer for that to settle down and go back to your normal pings.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, xXxDETHRONExXx said:

That's exactly what the  tech at Spectrum said. Well ok, I appreciate everything, The R2 is a special machine and everyone at Netduma has done an amazing job. 

Ah great! Looks like you got some helpful people over there! Thank you very much, really appreciate it!

• 4 months later...
10 hours ago, Zaycore said:

my ping heatmap has been not been working for 3 months been restarting all of that nothing seems to be working at all. any help or fixes ?

What firmware version are you currently on?

What about ping heatmap isn't working? Is the Rapp not loading or are there errors when using it?