Geo Filter in COD MW Custom Mode

felipe

I have a specific Geo-Filter boundary that works well for me in public games, but I see no way to ban individual players with bad connections. I read in another thread that in COD you can't do that in public games.

How should the Geo-Filter function when in a COD MW Custom Game and I am hosting? Should I be able to see which player is impacting the connection and ban them? I thought I read that the netduma R2 could identify players that slow down the connection and I can then ban them when I am hosting a custom game?

Am I understanding correctly that this is possible on console? I use a PS4.

Currently in custom games, I can see only SOME of the players locations on the geo-filter map. I don't see any info on them though such as ping.

• Administrators

If in a custom game I would recommend putting the radius to the entire world, then if it is true P2P you should be able to see all players - if not then you may only see some. You will have to click on each icon individually to check their ping, then you could deny from there.

I can't do that because I don't want to be placed on a bad server. I limit the geo-filter to the major servers that I know i ping well.

I'll try your way of using the Radium, but that's not ideal for how I wanted to do it. I'd like to filter so I get the best server, then filter out players with bad connections.

Or is there another way to accomplish what I am trying to do?

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, felipe said:

I can't do that because I don't want to be placed on a bad server. I limit the geo-filter to the major servers that I know i ping well.

I'll try your way of using the Radium, but that's not ideal for how I wanted to do it. I'd like to filter so I get the best server, then filter out players with bad connections.

Or is there another way to accomplish what I am trying to do?

If you're playing custom games you are inviting specific players though right? You can't block people from connecting to servers as you aren't the host so that won't be possible. If you play a P2P game where you are the host then you can do that but that doesn't often happen.

Custom games works both ways. Where I host or where it's done on a dedicated server - in COD MW. So yes many times I host a custom game between 2 teams. So when I am the host, they SHOULD be able to be blocked if they have a bad connection? I don't see every player show up on my geo filter though? 

I'll try the thing you said of widening the geo filter and see if then all the players show and I can ping them and block some.