error message on geo filter map

starlord2687

hi does anyone know what this message is on the geo filter map?

RPC error 'ERROR_UNKNOWN': assertion failed! -> stack traceback: ?: in function <?:73> [C]: in function 'assert' ?: in function <?:199> ?: in function <?:382> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:348> [C]: in function 'run' ?: in function <?:404> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:263> (tail call): ? ?: in function <?:30> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in main chunk [C]: ?

• Administrators
6 hours ago, starlord2687 said:

hi does anyone know what this message is on the geo filter map?

RPC error 'ERROR_UNKNOWN': assertion failed! -> stack traceback: ?: in function <?:73> [C]: in function 'assert' ?: in function <?:199> ?: in function <?:382> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:348> [C]: in function 'run' ?: in function <?:404> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:263> (tail call): ? ?: in function <?:30> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in main chunk [C]: ?

3 hours ago, David824 said:

Something must be down....I'm in NC usa and I'm getting it too...can't do anything and it won't go away.

Nothing is down, it doesn't really work that way. Reboot the router and see if the error disappears? If not, what device/web browser are you seeing this on?

32 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Nothing is down, it doesn't really work that way. Reboot the router and see if the error disappears? If not, what device/web browser are you seeing this on?

Yes a reboot fixed it....however the same pop up did come back up after the reboot but when I clicked ok it stayed gone. Wonder what made it pop up on mine and others on the same day?

hi Fraser, and hi david,  yeah ive rebboted it, but it comes back after a little while.  im using Chronium browser on windows 10 

oh Fraser another thing id like to ask is, that dedicated server called choopa.net on call of duty modern warfare i block it so many times and its still allowed and doesnt block it, you know of any reason it may be still allowed after ive selected deny?

i just rebooted and it came back right away as soon as i go onto the geo filter

8 hours ago, starlord2687 said:

hi Fraser, and hi david,  yeah ive rebboted it, but it comes back after a little while.  im using Chronium browser on windows 10 

oh Fraser another thing id like to ask is, that dedicated server called choopa.net on call of duty modern warfare i block it so many times and its still allowed and doesnt block it, you know of any reason it may be still allowed after ive selected deny?

i just rebooted and it came back right away as soon as i go onto the geo filter

Did you reboot the R2 though the software or unplug the power supply from the actual router?

Through the software 

Yeah it comes as soon as i click to go into the goe filter page. And yes same id

I've done full resets by factory resetting the router twice and it still does it 

I just unplugged from the power mains and it still comes back as soon as i go to the geo filter 

also it wont deny some servers? there is one particular server called choopa.net it will not deny it. its still says its allowed and still keeps connecting to it even tho i dont want to, as its far away 

• Administrators
6 hours ago, starlord2687 said:

Through the software 

Yeah it comes as soon as i click to go into the goe filter page. And yes same id

I've done full resets by factory resetting the router twice and it still does it 

I just unplugged from the power mains and it still comes back as soon as i go to the geo filter 

also it wont deny some servers? there is one particular server called choopa.net it will not deny it. its still says its allowed and still keeps connecting to it even tho i dont want to, as its far away 

What firmware are you on currently? If you disable IPv6 in WAN/LAN does it come back?

Does it have a white solid circle around it? If so you can't deny it as it is an authentication server required for online play, if it was blocked you wouldn't be able to play - it has no bearing on your game ping and so can be ignored.

I'm on R2 firmware  3.0.123 yeah it has a solid white line around it, its  in Poland.  Here is the funny thing tho. I did a factory reset and since that I haven't seen it yet, but now without trying to block that server with the solid white line around it, it now shows with yellow triangle showing its blocked. But it cant be if thats to get online. Im on LAN connection should i have ipv6 off ? 

• Administrators

Are you zoomed in on the router? If you zoom out you will probably see a server that looks like that - may have moved or be another server they are using for authentication. You can have IPv6 on or off it is up to you. Supposedly you get better performance through IPv6 on Xbox.

Hi  no um not zoomed in. I've t urned IPV6 off now, i used to have it off on my xr500. Yeah its strange I dont see any server with a dolid white line around it now for some strange reason. All I see is a square dedicated server I connect to 

When i saw that server before is when i had cloned my isp router mac address to my netgear dm200 and I couod even to a sky network test as it was there mac cloned  but since I did a factory reset I just set up the dm200 as its own mac address then thats when that change has happend