Network Monitor / QoS

felipe

My connection is:

Modem > R2 for ps4 only wired > Archer A9 wired for Wifi . I pay for 400 mbps and actually get about 350 / 25 Max.

DMZ PS4 IP. NAT Shows open in COD MW.

I have my QoS at 50% / 37% which gives me A+ Ping Under load when I do a connection test.

I am confused why my Network Snapshot below shows so much assigned to the Archer A9 router. Shouldn't my QoS settings limit the % assigned to that router ? Not sure if this impacts me or causes lag, but I just expect differently per my settings?

Just not sure if the below means my QoS is working well or if it can still be optimized. Can you clarify? I just want to maximize what's available for my PS4.

image.thumb.png.05afa9e82c37e17891593aeed4890d62.png

• Administrators

The percentage you set was that for Congestion Control or Bandwidth Allocation? Either way it is barely using anything so that is highly unlikely to impact you. Gaming doesn't require much bandwidth at all and it won't use more than 1Mbps so you have plenty and it will be able to take what it needs.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The percentage you set was that for Congestion Control or Bandwidth Allocation? Either way it is barely using anything so that is highly unlikely to impact you. Gaming doesn't require much bandwidth at all and it won't use more than 1Mbps so you have plenty and it will be able to take what it needs.

Congestion. Bandwidth I set it to 96% which is why this image confuses me.

If I stream or am downloading a large update or anything sometimes I need more so I'd like to improve it.

• Administrators

Bandwidth Allocation with share excess enabled will give bandwidth to any devices that need it if a device is not using all of their allocation. The Archer with 96% allocated away would still get 7Mbps if the PS4 used its entire allocation so all looks to be normal there.