Randomly Disconnect From Internet

Hey, so I just recently purchased an XR500 to go with my ATT fiber internet and i'v been having problems with gaming. I have the gateway from ATT set to IP passthrough and everything on the XR500 set-up but i just randomly get disconnected from online servers on MW. I'v looked into it and some forums say it could be because of the DHCP lease and I'v tried everything with no success. Any suggestions?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

It could be to do with DHCP but lets see if it is anything else first. Do any other devices get disconnected from the internet? When you get disconnected from MW can you search again for a game straight away? If you disable the Geo-Filter/put it in Spectating mode do the disconnections disappear?

So before I got the XR500, the att gateway would just boot everyone offline, ethernet and wifi. It would eventually let you connect again but it was very frustrating. So i bought a new router in hopes of fixing this problem and it sorta helped. If im playing MW with my cousin who is on PC and im on PS, he would be the one disconnecting while I was still able to play. I will very rarely disconnect but it still happens occasionally. Since hes on PC it quits him to the desktop but he's able to connect again and play one or two matches before getting kicked. When I get disconnected i get an error code that when searched says my time zone is incorrect when its not and when he gets kicked his error code says something about his NAT blocking the connection, but hes able to play matches and gets kicked while already in a match so idk if NAT would have anything to do with that. We are both moderate NAT types. Iv tried everything to get them open. Even put his PC in DMZ and hes still on moderate.

• Administrators

That sounds like there is an inherent issue with the ATT Gateway, great the router helped with this but sounds like it is still a problem. Are you able to replace the gateway with a modem? In WAN Settings change NAT to Open and that should help with NAT.

• 2 weeks later...

Att fiber 1000 speed tier has gateway model  bgw210-700. If you still have a PACE brand gateway call in report issues and ask for the newer gateway. There is threads on dslreports that walk you through putting the bgw210-700 in pass through mode and it allows you to run the xr500 as your main router and Wi-Fi.

keep us updated. 😎