R2 + unmanaged switch - nonvisible devices

Rafal

Hello,

I browsed through the forum but didn't really find an answer to that.

I have R2 behind ISP router + unmanaged dlink 5 port switch (DGS-105) somewhere else, yet device manager is not seeing devices connected to the switch.

All mentioned devices are functiong as intended.

What might be the problem here ?

Thanks for the reply,

Indeed - it looks like : ISP modem -> R2 -> cable-in-the wall -> switch -> tv/av receiver/sat tv decoder/router-as-AP/printer

Now, it works fine, IPs are assigned properly, yet I can't see the devices in Device Manager - only ones visible are connected via WIFI or with a direct cable to R2

no Fraser i've the same problem/issue...i've a lot of peripherics(nas-tv-camera) i'm obliged to connect a switch manageable which i turn on qos 802.1p based but ...on duma os 2.0,there is no problem all peripherics are recognized but withduma os 3.0,no.then idon't know how imust to connect the switch qos on port or qos 802.1p based and i don't know if the qos of the xr500 function because i've only the ps4 pro which is plugged and all the rest on the switch.thanks you

exemple: ONT+option 60 xr500 duma os 3.0+ port 1 ps4 pro+ port 2 Netgear JGS524E-200EUS Switch Web Managed (Plus) Configurable 24 Ports Gigabit

• Administrators
2 hours ago, prince-horus said:

no Fraser i've the same problem/issue...i've a lot of peripherics(nas-tv-camera) i'm obliged to connect a switch manageable which i turn on qos 802.1p based but ...on duma os 2.0,there is no problem all peripherics are recognized but withduma os 3.0,no.then idon't know how imust to connect the switch qos on port or qos 802.1p based and i don't know if the qos of the xr500 function because i've only the ps4 pro which is plugged and all the rest on the switch.thanks you

exemple: ONT+option 60 xr500 duma os 3.0+ port 1 ps4 pro+ port 2 Netgear JGS524E-200EUS Switch Web Managed (Plus) Configurable 24 Ports Gigabit

As it is manageable then the switch is controlling the devices and therefore the XR wouldn't be able to see/control them. Are you saying with the same managed switch they were viewable on 2.0?

Yes Fraser duma os can see all my park and normally,when i put my switch on qos 802.1p based,there is no qos and let the router does his job but it's my question or can you tell what solution behind the xr500 when we have 10 peripherics wired because i've this switch and also the netgear s8000 but i don't know if it's good .can you advice to me

well that's the question the two switches have a qos based on ports or an 802.1p call which apparently would remove any qos on the switch, if not then which switch should be put behind the xr500 or 700 or other.thanks

• Administrators
18 hours ago, prince-horus said:

well that's the question the two switches have a qos based on ports or an 802.1p call which apparently would remove any qos on the switch, if not then which switch should be put behind the xr500 or 700 or other.thanks

802.1p is essentially QoS so it would be prioritizing devices etc, if you can disable that then I would suggest to do so if possible, otherwise an unmanaged switch may be better and would definitely show the devices on the Device Manager.