When are new updated firmware releasing?

irving

Seem like we customers get bunch of excuses and open ended response. The R2 by now should have had bug fix updates and easier configurations similar to the XR's. Netgear blames Duma for delayed firmware updates for XR700 and Duma goes back to blame Netgear. Can we get clear reliable answers or response? its not like we are spending 10 bucks here. We are putting few hundreds bucks for these devices with significant amount of time frame for a firmware update. Please excuse me if I sound aggravated but there is a lot of us supporting Duma and Netgear and its getting old with the same feedback worded differently. 

• Administrators

Sorry if you're getting frustrated, I get asked the same question every day so if I don't have any more news then there is not much I can say other than what I have said before.

For the R2 quite a few people have mentioned WiFi performance isn't where they would expect so this is something we are focusing on heavily right now to see if we can improve it as much as possible. Usually we would have released a firmware by now for any lower level bugs but it's something we want to get right. 

That being said we are also working hard for the XR routers as well with a build for the XR500 coming soon and the XR700 should be starting very soon as well.

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry if you're getting frustrated, I get asked the same question every day so if I don't have any more news then there is not much I can say other than what I have said before.

For the R2 quite a few people have mentioned WiFi performance is where they would expect so this is something we are focusing on heavily right now to see if we can improve it as much as possible. Usually we would have released a firmware by now for any lower level bugs but it's something we want to get right. 

That being said we are also working hard for the XR routers as well with a build for the XR500 coming soon and the XR700 should be starting very soon as well.

Thank for the update Fraser! I truly appreciate it, including everyone else with the same question. 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, tephra said:

I've noticed that regular reboots are required otherwise the WiFi progressively gets worse and worse... 

I hope this new firmware fixes this...

Could you explain what you mean by it gets worse? Signal or speed etc? New firmware should improve it significantly, there may be more we need to do but we'll have the diagnostics tools inbuilt to help us with this.

Dropouts... Speed is fine...  But it starts (well stops) processing wifi... Syslog shows the driver is restarting or whatever...

Client devices dont actually get a missing SSID as such... It usually shows most on my TV when streaming video.. regular buffering...

• Administrators
1 hour ago, tephra said:

Dropouts... Speed is fine...  But it starts (well stops) processing wifi... Syslog shows the driver is restarting or whatever...

Client devices dont actually get a missing SSID as such... It usually shows most on my TV when streaming video.. regular buffering...

I've sent you a PM, see if that helps.

so my R2 started behaving strange again..

syslog doesn't show the driver restarting anymore, but there are a few errors about "dig", probably harmless - but error messages in logs will worry anyone :)

just to re-cap, this issue presents as unbearable buffering on my TV. When it occurs, my android phone (which is maybe 2 meters from my TV) will speed test fine (100/20)... Youtube, even at 360p (stupid right) buffers...

I logged into the R2 GUI to see what WiFi was doing, and the TV was on about -55db, so no problems with signal strength there...

In the end i totally disabled QoS, and it seemed to fix the issue... FWIW the network usage bar was like 1/2 mbit, and the QoS is on "auto-enable" (and at the time it wasn't detecting any games, so should have been disabled - effectively)...

Very frustrating...This is on 3.0.138

I know you are running all over putting out fires and trying to help people where you can Fraser so I respect you for that and commend you with your efforts, Thank you Sir! With that said, I think everyone with an R2 plus an issue with it deserves something different at this point. It is very, very, VERY clear that there are ISSUES with the R2. I am personally at the point where I believe I may have bought a unit that was FAULTY from day 1 delivery. I think we all deserve a statement from Netduma listing the known issues, and a VERY CLEAR agenda as to what is being done about the know issues and what the time frame could be. I understand that new products often come out on the rough side and have to be polished over time, but this game of telling us that everything is in process and will be out soon is for KIDS. Treat us like adults, tell us the firmware is going to be 3 more weeks out....So as adults we can either buy another brand router, or whatever needs to be done in our households. We only hear about how the WiFi issue should be good soon, what about not being able to connect to internet or speeds dropping with the R2 or like I said earlier.....Did some of us get FAULTY UNITS????? Again thank you for your efforts and time Fraser, but at this time and point after my purchase I feel like I have wasted money and so much time trying to get the R2 to run only left with frustration in the end..........................    

• Administrators

For people having specific issues I am giving out some firmware versions that should help, as I did with yourself. Development is always subject to change, we have learnt from experience that people get much more frustrated when you have a date and then have to delay rather than just providing it when available. Other than actual faulty units any issues will be related to firmware and we will be fixing them. 

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Abdulrahman said:

Hi Fraser 

can you send me any update that can help my problem?. I’m having a problem with the VLAN/ BRIDGING is not in the setting options , didn’t touch the R2 for more that 2 weeks. Please help

Sorry for the delay, we are working on this, I will chase the team as well to see if we can get it out sooner.

On 9/12/2020 at 6:42 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

For people having specific issues I am giving out some firmware versions that should help, as I did with yourself. Development is always subject to change, we have learnt from experience that people get much more frustrated when you have a date and then have to delay rather than just providing it when available. Other than actual faulty units any issues will be related to firmware and we will be fixing them. 

Fraser not sure where you got that the hot fix was helpful from???......It did not improve any of my issues, I even have been using a friend's backup router as the R2 is not reliable in the least. In my experience people are much more happy when you acknowledge their frustrations. You guys should be communicating the bugs and the problems so that we dont have to spend more time surfing your over loaded forum for information. Many of us do not know if we did something wrong, or if the R2 is running with a bug and that part of QOS or whatever just is not working right. In my experience when you keep people on the side of the information and they waste more time is when they get frustrated. You guys run around like a bunch of muppets. You could not even release the R2 with a detailed booklet or a how to vid on YouTube detailing just what each thing does and how it effects the R2, THANKS for the FLIP BOOK though.......I am so tired wasting time with this KIT and I really wish you guys had a return policy, but you knew what you were doing, you just needed some quick founding to finish and released the R2 in a state of mess, well played Sirs....Well played indeed.  

• Administrators
4 hours ago, ScottBot said:

Fraser not sure where you got that the hot fix was helpful from???......It did not improve any of my issues, I even have been using a friend's backup router as the R2 is not reliable in the least. In my experience people are much more happy when you acknowledge their frustrations. You guys should be communicating the bugs and the problems so that we dont have to spend more time surfing your over loaded forum for information. Many of us do not know if we did something wrong, or if the R2 is running with a bug and that part of QOS or whatever just is not working right. In my experience when you keep people on the side of the information and they waste more time is when they get frustrated. You guys run around like a bunch of muppets. You could not even release the R2 with a detailed booklet or a how to vid on YouTube detailing just what each thing does and how it effects the R2, THANKS for the FLIP BOOK though.......I am so tired wasting time with this KIT and I really wish you guys had a return policy, but you knew what you were doing, you just needed some quick founding to finish and released the R2 in a state of mess, well played Sirs....Well played indeed.  

I said they should help, they weren't released publicly as they weren't fully done. New firmware is coming next week, it's being tested right now. What was wrong with the booklet you received in the box? That explains the features? There is also an initial tour when you go onto the interface, an individual Geo-Filter tour and an individual tour for QoS as well as ? icons on every panel that give you more information on the feature. In this next firmware releasing next week we're introducing more tours/information for each page when accessed. Our return terms can be found here: https://netduma.com/terms/

I understand you're frustrated and I thank you for your feedback.