How does geo filter work?

R3my7

I'm brand new to Netduma and just received my r2 yesterday. I DO NOT understand how the geofilter /ping heat map work. I tried setting my location to Missouri and I would disconnect for 5 seconds and reconnect, but it was long enough to kick me out of my Warzone game. I was also getting host hits that I could allow/deny. Can someone please explain this to a fool?  I'm in the dark here.Thank you in advance.

Edit: I'm on xbox, also hardwired connection.

The R2 has a polygon option within Geo-filter. The best option I found, was to draw a box round the lowest pinged servers from the heat map search. They are not always in the exact location as the Ping Heatmap app, but if you search for a game while looking at the Geo-filter map, the servers pop up. Draw a shape round the best servers and take it from there.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I would first recommend going through our optimal settings guides, it's not entirely up to date for the firmware you're on but it will help: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646 there will also be some more information in the guide you received within the box.

For Ping Heatmap it allows you to ping the servers for a game, you can then use this to inform what Geo-Filter settings you want to use. 

What game are you playing and on what platform?

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I would first recommend going through our optimal settings guides, it's not entirely up to date for the firmware you're on but it will help: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646 there will also be some more information in the guide you received within the box.

For Ping Heatmap it allows you to ping the servers for a game, you can then use this to inform what Geo-Filter settings you want to use. 

What game are you playing and on what platform?

I play Warzone and Destiny on xbox. I think I figured it out, but now I'm having an issue. It keeps saying error: This Rapp didn't load and now I can't connect to the internet on any device. I've tried rebooting twice and waiting, but nothing.  It has worked all last night and today. This just started happening when I tried to turn strict mode off to play Destiny. 

• Administrators
14 hours ago, R3my7 said:

I play Warzone and Destiny on xbox. I think I figured it out, but now I'm having an issue. It keeps saying error: This Rapp didn't load and now I can't connect to the internet on any device. I've tried rebooting twice and waiting, but nothing.  It has worked all last night and today. This just started happening when I tried to turn strict mode off to play Destiny. 

Strict mode wouldn't do that, were there any other settings that were changed at the time? Have you disabled DHCP for example? Are you able to access the interface?