Any updates?

Snipingzom

41 minutes ago, Abdulrahman said:

I’m still not using my R2 waiting for the update 😔

Yea i stopped gaming becuse i have been having so many probles with the r2 in its current state not going to lie its really making me upset because i had reallyyyyy high hopes for the r2 😔

2 hours ago, Snipingzom said:

Yea i stopped gaming becuse i have been having so many probles with the r2 in its current state not going to lie its really making me upset because i had reallyyyyy high hopes for the r2 😔

What issues are you having?

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Snipingzom said:

is there any updates on when the next update will be released for the r2? 

Quite a few people have identified that WiFi is not as good as it should be so we are working really hard to get that improved so that is why we've held off slightly on an update.

7 hours ago, Snipingzom said:

Based on your previous posts I haven't seen too many issues, what issues are you having?

7 hours ago, Newfie said:

What issues are you having?

The connection benchmark and the auto detect is way off when it comes to my speeds the qos doesnt really do any to the underload test no matter what i set my qos to the qos auto setup tells me 1% is the best result for me the wifi isnt the best the geo fliter map does now display the correct location for the servers the traffic prioritization only works right with some games and cuts on and off with others i have been using you guys since the r1 so alot of stuff that im doing i did it with the r1 and the XR500 and have no problems but the r2 has alot of issues 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Snipingzom said:

The connection benchmark and the auto detect is way off when it comes to my speeds the qos doesnt really do any to the underload test no matter what i set my qos to the qos auto setup tells me 1% is the best result for me the wifi isnt the best the geo fliter map does now display the correct location for the servers the traffic prioritization only works right with some games and cuts on and off with others i have been using you guys since the r1 so alot of stuff that im doing i did it with the r1 and the XR500 and have no problems but the r2 has alot of issues 

Connection Benchmark speeds & Auto Setup won't affect your connection and will be improved upon. Are you using Always for Congestion Control when testing? Would recommend making a new topic showing your results and we can take a look. If you notice any mislocated servers please add them to the form here so we can correct them in a cloud update: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/29742-found-mislocated-servers-let-us-know-here/ Are you playing on PC? If so then add to Traffic Prioritization with the Games Console service and it will work all the time.

1 hour ago, Snipingzom said:

Thanks for the info.

how was the R1 when you first got it, did it need patching?
Ok so the R2 is not perfect but it’s not so unstable that you can’t play with it. I’ve been watching a YouTube chap who’s been doing well with the R2, he even did a video showing the WiFi gaming experience and he made some fair comments but he still enjoyed it.

The 500 has a bunch of issues too but people still game on it and hopefully 3.0 will solve some the well known issues. I’m using a NG router and even that’s got bugs but at least here you can get support almost 24/7 and yes sometimes a bug can’t be fixed overnight on the forum.

So let’s start at the beginning, why don’t you post on a separate thread and point out the issues and others including Fraser can help get you back onto the R2 and enjoying your games after all it’s all about having fun and that is what the team at Netduma want most of all.

ive linked to Thiellestbeasts video below, have a look at some of his videos and he also does live viewing too and you can join in on the chat with other R2 users. 

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Connection Benchmark speeds & Auto Setup won't affect your connection and will be improved upon. Are you using Always for Congestion Control when testing? Would recommend making a new topic showing your results and we can take a look. If you notice any mislocated servers please add them to the form here so we can correct them in a cloud update: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/29742-found-mislocated-servers-let-us-know-here/ Are you playing on PC? If so then add to Traffic Prioritization with the Games Console service and it will work all the time.

I'll do the form for sure and also yes I use pc and i have done the games consoles services and i have done it manually and still the same result 

11 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Thanks for the info.

how was the R1 when you first got it, did it need patching?
Ok so the R2 is not perfect but it’s not so unstable that you can’t play with it. I’ve been watching a YouTube chap who’s been doing well with the R2, he even did a video showing the WiFi gaming experience and he made some fair comments but he still enjoyed it.

The 500 has a bunch of issues too but people still game on it and hopefully 3.0 will solve some the well known issues. I’m using a NG router and even that’s got bugs but at least here you can get support almost 24/7 and yes sometimes a bug can’t be fixed overnight on the forum.

So let’s start at the beginning, why don’t you post on a separate thread and point out the issues and others including Fraser can help get you back onto the R2 and enjoying your games after all it’s all about having fun and that is what the team at Netduma want most of all.

ive linked to Thiellestbeasts video below, have a look at some of his videos and he also does live viewing too and you can join in on the chat with other R2 users. 

Yea i know who that guy is i have seen him before and I'm not saying the r1 and the 500 is  Perfect by any means all im saying is that my  Normal workflow or set up that i had with those two  Routers that worked for my set up and gave me the best result doesn't fully work anymore i named the up above and some of the issues that are known with the 500 i didnt have some of those issues and some didn't effect me because there or things I just dont use when it comes to the 500 so i can relate and as far as me not gaming right now i know i can still game with the r2 i just want the features that i use the most and the features that are new on the r2 that i would like to  Emploiment into my set up to get the best result for my pc and gaming experience to work and im waiting for the update so i can start from the bottom with my setup and  Optimize my connection when everything is working correctly 

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, Snipingzom said:

I'll do the form for sure and also yes I use pc and i have done the games consoles services and i have done it manually and still the same result 

Thanks! There should be no issues using that service - what issues are you seeing specifically/what games are being played?

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks! There should be no issues using that service - what issues are you seeing specifically/what games are being played?

Mostly apex and call of duty csgo overwatch i Mostly only play fps games 

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, Snipingzom said:

Mostly apex and call of duty csgo overwatch i Mostly only play fps games 

Does it show as prioritizing when playing? What is the issue you see with it, that it goes off too quickly for example?

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Does it show as prioritizing when playing? What is the issue you see with it, that it goes off too quickly for example?

Well when I play apex the  traffic prioritization circle is always red and the prioritzation upload and download numbers or always moving going up like they show but when i play call of duty the number and the red circle cuts on and off it doesn't seem like its always prioritizing the traffic for call of duty the upload and download number dont really move lets say i played apex for a hour and i got 1225 packages  Prioritized over everything on my network upload and download and i stop play apex and start play call of duty for 3 hours my package prioritizing may go up to 1300 upload and download packages that has been prioritized but on the xr500 that number would be alot more and the red circle never would go off until i shut the game down then it would stop prioritizing 

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's odd it would differ between the two, that's just using the Console service? Could you provide a screenshot of what it looks like please?

This is using console service and setting it up manually by port forwarding and just putting the port number in the traffic prioritization i have been doing it manually for years now because that's the most reliable way for me ...but ill try and send a video

29 minutes ago, Snipingzom said:

This is using console service and setting it up manually by port forwarding and just putting the port number in the traffic prioritization i have been doing it manually for years now because that's the most reliable way for me ...but ill try and send a video

33 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's odd it would differ between the two, that's just using the Console service? Could you provide a screenshot of what it looks like please?

8 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the video. Disable DumaOS Classified Games completely and add the device with the Games Console service or with manual ports, do you see the same then?

Yep its the samething