Matchmaking Ping

chand93

Hey guys,

Wondering what ping time people are getting when searching for matches in MW.

BT smart hub  <25ms

Xr500  <15ms 

R2  <12ms

Geo filter does affect this directly so the above was with filter on,R2 ping assist and small radius in ocean.

1 hour ago, N3CR0 said:

Mine starts @ <25ms but my line is fooked and my base ping is alot higher than it should be.

What's your line connection type from your isp? e.g fttc (vdsl2,cable),fttp

3 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

FTTC. My base ping should be 7ms but my line is fooked.

You can get your line profile reset by your isp,try get back on fast path and see if it sticks.

These lines are prone to drop to a interleaved connection if there's too many CRC errors,these can be caused by anything from the master socket to the cabinet, for example the vdsl modem used in the router,interference,faulty pairs.The pairs can be switched by the engineer you just need to request it.

The Asus dsl ac88u is a great router with a built in vdsl2 modem which gives stats on errors and the status of if the line is interleaved or on fast path also if g.inp is on.

It's great for diagnosing a faulty line and getting the isp to act on it.

1 hour ago, chand93 said:

You can get your line profile reset by your isp,try get back on fast path and see if it sticks.

These lines are prone to drop to a interleaved connection if there's too many CRC errors,these can be caused by anything from the master socket to the cabinet, for example the vdsl modem used in the router,interference,faulty pairs.The pairs can be switched by the engineer you just need to request it.

The Asus dsl ac88u is a great router with a built in vdsl2 modem which gives stats on errors and the status of if the line is interleaved or on fast path also if g.inp is on.

It's great for diagnosing a faulty line and getting the isp to act on it.

No point in contacting the ISP. They couldn't be more useless. I've been on interleaving for 99% of the last 3 years.

Had several engineers come round in that time and never find anything wrong.

ISP couldn't care less as long as I'm getting decent speeds.

Master socket has been changed and I've tried multiple routers/modems. Nothing made any difference.

On 9/1/2020 at 1:32 AM, N3CR0 said:

No point in contacting the ISP. They couldn't be more useless. I've been on interleaving for 99% of the last 3 years.

Had several engineers come round in that time and never find anything wrong.

ISP couldn't care less as long as I'm getting decent speeds.

Master socket has been changed and I've tried multiple routers/modems. Nothing made any difference.

Hey N3CR0,

I had a similar problem with my fttc, i had countless engineers out who couldn't stop the line erroring.

In the 70's there was a shortage of copper so from the cabinet to the property aluminium was used this was more prone to interference and  bad line attenuation.

What really worked for me was emailing Clive Selley ceo of open reach,complaining about the condition of my line,his office responded within a few days for more details and i was contacted by the Sky executive team.One person was handling all the issues with my line and these guys really go above and beyond,i had multiple resets and the cost of service got discounted.The line stayed on 80/20 fast path for over a year.

There's 2 different modem types based on chipsets from Broadcom and Lantiq,giving different results on the line.

It all comes down to if you feel your connection is acceptable or not, and if you're happy with the results.

Edit  12/11/2020 - 

My friend had major issues with his line and has been on interleaved, he recently started using a asus dsl-68u with the modem built in.

Initially connection remained interleaved,after installing merlin he went onto fast path with a depth of 1, he went back and forth and everytime he used stock fw or his isp modem connection was interleaved, merlin wrt was giving fast path but at lower speeds i guess  its how it maintains stability.

Theres also a program called the asus tool where you can directly change dlm parameters not recommended unless for advanced users, i believe its one of the reasons openreach removed the 68u from the approved modem list a few years back.