Firmware stability?

CRarsenxL

I'm a little bit disappointed in my purchase. The WI-FI speeds are terrible in comparison to my XR500. Granted it was a more expensive router, but even at close range the speeds are poor  (regardless of channel).

I'm also suffering  from severe packet loss too, and this is with similar QOS settings as  the XR500.  I've either got a faulty unit or as you say there's a firmware issue.

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, fiefo said:

I’m pretty sure I’m having stability issues with my R2. Ever since the days after when I recieved it, it has been feeling odd. When is the new firmware for the R2 supposed to get released? :)

Could you expand on what you mean by stability issues? We're testing one right now with some users so assuming everyone is fine I don't think it will be too long.

19 minutes ago, XR500J said:

I'm a little bit disappointed in my purchase. The WI-FI speeds are terrible in comparison to my XR500. Granted it was a more expensive router, but even at close range the speeds are poor  (regardless of channel).

I'm also suffering  from severe packet loss too, and this is with similar QOS settings as  the XR500.  I've either got a faulty unit or as you say there's a firmware issue.

One of the things we've been working on and also why we haven't done a public release yet is because we're working really hard to improve the WiFi performance. The latest one we have being tested by some users has extra options for WiFi as well as some additional diagnostics that should both improve performance and also help us debug any issues. I tried it today and after changing a few of the new options I got much faster speeds.

99% it’s a firmware stability issue. I did a bunch of factory resets and messed with settings mid game and things like that so something was probably bound to glitch or bug. All good. I have faith the Duma team will help us out

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you expand on what you mean by stability issues? We're testing one right now with some users so assuming everyone is fine I don't think it will be too long.

One of the things we've been working on and also why we haven't done a public release yet is because we're working really hard to improve the WiFi performance. The latest one we have being tested by some users has extra options for WiFi as well as some additional diagnostics that should both improve performance and also help us debug any issues. I tried it today and after changing a few of the new options I got much faster speeds.

Stability as in Qos not working all time. CC , Bandwidth allocation etc

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's good to hear.The  XR500 was my first taste of using Duma OS and it  is without doubt the best user interface I've used on ANY router, and rather than being held back by Netgear (for updates etc) I jumped at the chance to buy your own router for faster updates etc.

I look forward to an update soon

• Administrators
1 hour ago, fiefo said:

Stability as in Qos not working all time. CC , Bandwidth allocation etc

By not working do you mean errors, it not throttling etc? 

43 minutes ago, fiefo said:

Also Fraser I forgot to mention this. On the top of ping plotter, I get a message that says, “ICMP Ping Echo ipv4 Failed”

just wondering if that could be something 

Could be the server you're trying to target has blocked ICMP or your ISP router blocks this, it won't affect the connection though.

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, fiefo said:

When I test connection benchmark with 70/70 nothing changes as if it was 100/100

That's expected behavior, QoS doesn't affect the speed portion of the test just the Ping Under Load. Benchmark tests your entire connection so it is more valuable to know whether you're getting a speed drop off - possibly due to ISP throttling rather than whether it throttles based on your settings.