NETDUMA R2 UPDATES AND NEW FEATURES

Boldshoter30

not to offend anyone, not to rant, and rave, but we were told there would be a update for the R2 last week, last week passed, no update, my theory Netgear has you guys working on stabilizing the new XR router that was teased by Netgear, so you guys having to hold off on working on a update for the R2, which what I saw was .138 on twitter, not to say you guys haven't been finalizing a update, and working on new features, but feel it is due for a update to be publicly released, for the R2, to clear some WiFi issues, and Auto QOS, being buggy. way I have always seen things with other router, and software companies, release the most stable build, even when there is no bugs to find at a later date, to come out with another build to fine tune the previous update even more, it's kill a few bugs to a stable build, release it find some bugs, kill those in a more fine tuned, more stable build, and work from there. just my thoughts for the R2 builds and features.  

I feel the same to some degree. I feel like buying a R2 is like buying early access to a game. So pretty much paying to beta test duma os 3.0. But the fact that we are told when a update will becoming out and that doesn't happen is disappointing to say the least. At this point I am regretting my R2 purchase. Hopefully Netgear can get duma os 3 on my XR500 to be release stable soon. 

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I'm not sure why when there is a delay people think there is a conspiracy going on, development gets delayed all the time. There are several versions at the moment that we have been giving to users with various problems. We've just finished a firmware today that has WiFi improvements etc that is being tested right now. We know WiFi is important to people so we've been working really hard with users so that we can solve this. It's not even been three weeks yet so give it a little time for that to be tested and we'll get it released. If there is a specific issue you're having let me know and I can give you a firmware that is appropriate if available.

you guys do an amazing job..theres alot of behind the scenes work that noone gets to see..i would rather you guys takecyour time then force a release and potentially make things worse

It’s like there is a worldwide pandemic going on right now slowing the world down... oh wait, just be patient, developement takes time. They are giving out specific firmware related to your specific problem, just ask, and the devs communicate way better than most.