Nat moderate

nferguzl

I cannot get open nat with xr700. My isp router is bridged and upnp is enabled. I have my ps4 pro in the xr700 dmz but it remains in moderate nat. Before I did have it in open nat but after a factory reset it has reverted to moderate. I have also put my geofilter on spectate with no success. Any advice is appreciated.

• Administrators

How did you bridge the ISP router, was it bridging to a specific LAN port, IP address or MAC address? If IP address you need to use the IP from the XR System Information page - not the one used to access the interface. Disable UPnP on ISP router as well.

Another problem I have with geofilter on a second PS4 consists of having to use spectate mode in order to use ps4 party chat. Then when I enter the in-game lobby switch to filtering mode.

• Administrators

Understood thanks. Disable the UPnP, DMZ, Firewall etc on the ISP router - though shouldn't be needed in bridge mode. Remove console from DMZ on XR and just use the NAT Open option. Have you set static routes on the XR? 

For party chat ping the person and then allow them. Then you can connect regardless of your Geo-Filter settings.

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, nferguzl said:

Yes I use port forwarding for a camara dvr, and to access the NAS because UPnP worked initially but after some time it denied remote access to the NAS and dvr.

If you remove those do you get an Open NAT? Have you entered static routing on the XR?

Yes its connected directly. I deleted all forwarding rules, static routes, and took the ps4 out of the XR dmz. 

i can see UPnP has forwarding rules for my NAS enabled in the portmap table, but if I try to access my NAS remotely it won’t work.

No I don’t have access with UPnP alone. I have to manually forward the ports in the port forwarding section for my NAS and camaras.

I notice I get open nat with forwarding rules after restarting ps4 by closing codmw app, and reopening it. 

After further tests, I can get open nat everytime I restart the ps4 only if its on XR dmz in wan settings.

If I don’t use dmz, I can achieve open nat by closing and opening the codmw app.

• Administrators

Does the console stay an open NAT the whole time? If so then I wouldn't worry about the in game reading too much because they just contact a server to try and ascertain the status, if it can't for some reason then it will give a misreading. Given the console will be open then you will be able to connect to anyone no problem.