Connection benchmark test

Dave62782

The issue I’m having is when I do the connection benchmark it gives me the speeds of 600mbps down and 18up, but when I run the test on speedtest.net or DSLReports I’m not even getting over 100mbps down but getting 18up. My isp is supposed to be 600 mbps. Why the inconsistency on both test? With my ASUS router I’m pulling 400mbps no problem on speed test and DSLReports. Has this also happened to anyone and is there a fix for this? Cause I don’t know which result I should use for qos.

Are you using wifi or ethernet when doing the speedtest.net test? I get full speed via ethernet but issues with wifi throughput, it's very inconsistent I get anywhere from 30-70Mbps and my PC's connection to the 5g always drops out multiple times per hour despite being 5-6m away. Next firmware patch is said to improve on wifi performance, hopefully it stabilisers things as well.

because the test is coming str8 from the modem..as to were speedtest online is server based ..i had the same issue..the online way i get good online speedtests is if i reboot my modem and restart whatever machine im testing on with qos turned off

13 hours ago, johnnytran said:

Are you using wifi or ethernet when doing the speedtest.net test? I get full speed via ethernet but issues with wifi throughput, it's very inconsistent I get anywhere from 30-70Mbps and my PC's connection to the 5g always drops out multiple times per hour despite being 5-6m away. Next firmware patch is said to improve on wifi performance, hopefully it stabilisers things as well.

I’m always Ethernet.  I was just confused as to what I should use for my qos settings

2 hours ago, MassaDebata85 said:

because the test is coming str8 from the modem..as to were speedtest online is server based ..i had the same issue..the online way i get good online speedtests is if i reboot my modem and restart whatever machine im testing on with qos turned off

But still the difference is so huge I’m wondering why he r2 has such low speeds on dslreports 

3 hours ago, Dave62782 said:

But still the difference is so huge I’m wondering why he r2 has such low speeds on dslreports 

probably because ur qos is enabled.when its str8 from the modem it doesnt account for qos..you cant just set qos to never u have to hit the drop down and actually disable it