Geo Filter not working on Modern Warfare

It seems geo filtering is not working for me in modern warfare on my xr300.  Constantly in high latency lobbies with packet loss about 99% of the time I'm playing (No exaggeration). 

Also many options on my router just show up as "nil" so I cannot even figure out what options do to try and fix the issues...

I had someone who knows networking optimize my router and tell me "it seemed slow" and to see If I can get it replaced... This person has optimized many professional call of duty players routers, and they all have vouched his work.

I had flawless connections when I first purchased the xr300 router and the past two months it hasn't helped at all.

Geo filter.png

• Administrators

What is your exact physical setup? Could you provide a screenshot of the Geo-Filter with the ping panel showing of what it looks like when you're in a game please?

What speeds do you pay for/expect? What QoS settings are you using?

That's weird that those options come up as nil tho... I would do a factory reset on it and set everything up again to be honest.

Could make a backup of your settings and try factory reset and restore the settings and see if that helps.

Could also take screenshots or pictures of the settings if you wanted to keep the settings you have and try to set them up one by one to see if the problem comes up again.

Just my 2 cents tho.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Bigfntarget said:

That's weird that those options come up as nil tho... I would do a factory reset on it and set everything up again to be honest.

Could make a backup of your settings and try factory reset and restore the settings and see if that helps.

Could also take screenshots or pictures of the settings if you wanted to keep the settings you have and try to set them up one by one to see if the problem comes up again.

Just my 2 cents tho.

The nil issue is known on the XR300 - a reset won't resolve it. It will be fixed in the next version.

After a lot of looking into the issues I've come to the conclusion it is on my ISP's congestion of their node for my apartment complex.  The Geo-filtering does work for me.  It seems having too many people try to walk through the doorway of the node at once is causing a lot of packet burst/loss.  The router is doing its job.

Any suggestions for a workaround on fluent connection to the node? 

I've looked into it and it could be my ISP throttling my service.  A VPN should be able to help me bypass that. Is this something you recommend? Would you be able to show me the steps on how to set one up through my router?

I do have a technician from Cox (my ISP) coming tomorrow because they said they found the root cause of the issue.  I believe the node in my complex is broken.  However if it is okay, I'd like to test my internet through a VPN so they cannot throttle me.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, hoffmann44 said:

I've looked into it and it could be my ISP throttling my service.  A VPN should be able to help me bypass that. Is this something you recommend? Would you be able to show me the steps on how to set one up through my router?

I do have a technician from Cox (my ISP) coming tomorrow because they said they found the root cause of the issue.  I believe the node in my complex is broken.  However if it is okay, I'd like to test my internet through a VPN so they cannot throttle me.

If you use the VPN through the router then your speeds will be reduced. What speeds do you pay for/expect and what are you getting? Well that's great, sounds like they know what the problem is.