LAN port lights are not working

Dear Sir,

Just yesterday, I received my Netduma r2. My set up is as follows, ISP modem linked with Netduma R2 on bridge mode. Internet is working on WIFI (except 5g not available) and LAN ports. However LAN port lights are not working nor LED red lights on top of the Netduma R2. I would appropriate your help. Best regards 

Guest Killhippie
11 minutes ago, Elite Gaming Arena said:

Dear Sir,

Just yesterday, I received my Netduma r2. My set up is as follows, ISP modem linked with Netduma R2 on bridge mode. Internet is working on WIFI (except 5g not available) and LAN ports. However LAN port lights are not working nor LED red lights on top of the Netduma R2. I would appropriate your help. Best regards 

If you mean the red cross pattern on the R2 that does not light up. Just the front LED's do. Do you mean 5Ghz Wi-Fi and are you saying all your Ethernet ports are dead?

Thank you for the prompt reply,  yes I ment 5Ghz and its not available to connect. LAN ports are providing Internet but LAN LED lights are not on. On the contrary (while facing the router left side all lights are on and blink normally. I have attached the image. 

I have disabled WIFI (2.4 and 5Ghz) of ISP modem therfore only WIFI option is Netduma r2.

Should you require further information please let me know. Thanks

20200816_204111.jpg

Are you able to access the router's interface? If so can you try factory resetting the router to the default settings.

To factory reset once you reach the router's interface click the three dots in the top right corner.

Then click advanced

Then click factory reset.

Let us know if it corrects any of the router's issues.  I have attached screenshots below.  

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 2.00.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 2.00.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 1.59.29 PM.png

Thanks for your prompt reply, I can access router interface. I will do factory settings and setup again entire process. After resetting to factory settings I will follow instructions and set it again. I will check WIFI mirror settings too. Will let you know the outcome.

Thanks for your prompt reply, I can access router interface. I will do factory settings and setup again entire process. After resetting to factory settings I will follow instructions and set it again. I will check WIFI mirror settings too. Will let you know the outcome.

Alright i have followed your instructions and made factory settings. After factory settings i re-set up the router:

After factory reset WIFI got disconnected.

I forgot the WIFI and used default user name and password.

Logged in WIFI and entered 192.168.77.1 

Default user name and password.

Set up new password for WIFI

Reconnect laptop using new password.

Only one LAN port connected with ISP gateway to Netduma R2 designated port.

Internet started working

I than connected Playstation 4 LAN cable in Netduma R2 LAN port 1.

Started PS4 and PS4 got internet connection yet light on router LAN port 1 is OFF.

I than removed PS4 cable and tried each port in sequence (2, 3, 4) and non of the light switched ON but internet lines are active.

Is that mean something is wrong with the router? 

• Administrators

It sounds to me as though the router is working it's just the LEDs for those ports aren't. If you're fine with it then you can just leave it, otherwise email [email protected] and we can sort out a replacement. Please include your order number and a link to this topic in the email.

Well thanks for your reply, I will ask for replacement router cuz there are many other issues with this router. If you allow shall i mention in this thread or shall i send you a separate email. Literately after spending ton of hours. The only function i am using right now is QOS, rest of all the features are not working. I got notes and pic,s. Let me know if i may post here.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Elite Gaming Arena said:

Well thanks for your reply, I will ask for replacement router cuz there are many other issues with this router. If you allow shall i mention in this thread or shall i send you a separate email. Literately after spending ton of hours. The only function i am using right now is QOS, rest of all the features are not working. I got notes and pic,s. Let me know if i may post here.

Make a new post please and we'll assess whether it's software related or perhaps router related and the replacement will fix it. 

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Elite Gaming Arena said:

Hi 

Shall I wait for new one to arrive and test it. If it works than I will update you. If you guys want to me to create new post. I will create one. Please advise if you want me to create regardless of new router. 

Yeah lets wait for the new router, no point trying to debug a potential faulty router.

Hi 

I have received new router and good news is that lights are working. As this is the first time i am using this router, I am unable to sort out these issues:

1) Router consider my laptop (which i have connected for router setup as a gaming device) as a gaming device and recommend me PC games. Such as Call of Duty MW (PC) etc.

2) Geo-Filter is not working in radius function. I live in Bahrain yet i made radius of 1000 km (this include countries Saudi Arabia,  Qatar, Bahrain and some part of Pakistan). I could not find any server for Call of Duty. I tried all the games in the list no server appeared at all.

3) PING HEAT MAP:: Only Call of Duty Warzone listed (COD Multiplayer is not listed, Call of Duty Warzone closest server is in Germany 95ms ping. Its not showing any Middle East Server.

4) Traffic Prioritization Selector: This list is missing Call of Duty game other games are listed such as Frostbite, Guild Wars, League of legends, Overwatch, Source Engine, Unreal Engine, Warrent 3.

I would appreciate if you could arrange a technical support via online format to assist me in setting up this. Please be sure i have checked every available YouTube video and they are not in depth and does not cover all the features. I have read every thread on the forum but could not make sense out of it. 

Best regards  

• Administrators

Glad to hear the new one is working. To answer your questions:

1. If you want to add it as a generic gaming device so it filters irregardless of the game then in the Device Manager change the device type of the PC to one of the consoles. Then when you add it to the Geo-Filter select the manual option and then you can filter regardless of the game.
  2. It is likely working, there are just no servers within your radius so would suggest extending this to southern Europe.
  3. Double check on the side list to see if that is actually the server with the lowest ping as there may be another one that is lower but mislocated on the map. You can then find this and adjust your Geo-Filter Settings to force it.
  4. Add it using the Games Console service and it will prioritize.

Any other questions then let me know but these are all easily explainable.