XR300, Vigor 130, NowTV Broadband..

Hi Guys. 

First post from a newbie here so hoping it’s in the right place. I’m struggling to find definitive information - is it possible to use the above combo?

I’ve seen option 61/MER thrown around a lot but apparently that isn’t in the XR300’s firmware but it is on the XR500. 

I’ve also not managed to have internet from the modem, although it was fresh from the box without changing any settings. 

If anybody could shed some light - that would be great! 

Cheers.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

XR300 doesn't accept DHCP identifiers that's correct, is that what you need in order to get a connection? So connecting a PC direct to the Vigor you don't have internet is that right?

Guest Killhippie
9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

XR300 doesn't accept DHCP identifiers that's correct, is that what you need in order to get a connection? So connecting a PC direct to the Vigor you don't have internet is that right?

To add to what Fraser says what lights are on, on the front of the Vigor 130? Its worth connecting it to your PC and checking Draytecs website after signing up so you can make sure your firmware is up to date and the Vigor is in bridge mode which is how it should come to you from sites like amazon etc.

Hi Fraser,

Thank you for your reply. I couldn’t get a connection from the modem, no - but I haven’t fiddled with any settings yet. For most UK broadband suppliers, it’s supposed to be set up straight from the box.

I’m led to believe Sky/NowTV make it very difficult to use third party equipment with their broadband & maybe the 130 needs configuring. 

Everything I’ve found so far seems to suggest option 61 is needed for a connection using Sky/NowTV. So even if I get a connection from the modem, the XR300 won’t work with it.

Cheers!

1 minute ago, Killhippie said:

To add to what Fraser says what lights are on, on the front of the Vigor 130?

Hi Killhippie,

Once I’m home from work, I will set it up & post a photo of the Vigor 130 once it’s on.

Cheers!

Guest Killhippie
2 minutes ago, Richard91 said:

Hi Fraser,

Thank you for your reply. I couldn’t get a connection from the modem, no - but I haven’t fiddled with any settings yet. For most UK broadband suppliers, it’s supposed to be set up straight from the box.

I’m led to believe Sky/NowTV make it very difficult to use third party equipment with their broadband & maybe the 130 needs configuring. 

Everything I’ve found so far seems to suggest option 61 is needed for a connection using Sky/NowTV. So even if I get a connection from the modem, the XR300 won’t work with it.

Cheers!

That would be correct unfortunately, you would be better getting a R2 or a XR500 with the Vigor than the XR300 at this time. Hope you get it working. :)

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yep as above, sorry about that. I did let them know ages ago once they added it to the 500 to do so for the 300 but that hasn't happened yet.

No problem at all! I'll get this sold and look at either of the other options. Thank you for your help.