Wired speeds low

liveandletdie34

• Administrators

What are your expected/paid for speeds? Are they entered into the Congestion Control bandwidth settings? Are you using QoS? Post a screenshot of your Device Manager in table view showing the link speeds of the ports please.

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What are your expected/paid for speeds? Are they entered into the Congestion Control bandwidth settings? Are you using QoS? Post a screenshot of your Device Manager in table view showing the link speeds of the ports please.

All of the above yes I have. And sorry didn’t know how to screen shot on my pc got a picture on my phone if that will do

39E307C2-29D4-46AE-A04F-0C0989466258.jpeg

• Administrators

Thanks for that, so the router itself will get full speeds, that's why your WiFi is good. Out of the 4 LAN ports, 1 isn't being used, 1 is limited to 10Mbps, 1 is limited to 100Mbps and the other is full speed. So you need at least two Cat5e ethernet cable to replace those two as otherwise you won't get your full speeds out of them.

Guest Killhippie

is PS4 Pro only on 10Mbps just trying to work out the devices from your list. I would get Cat 6 myself as they block more RFI. Cat 7 etc is over the top. Cat 6E would work fine but its penny's to get the better Cat 6 cables these days.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for that, so the router itself will get full speeds, that's why your WiFi is good. Out of the 4 LAN ports, 1 isn't being used, 1 is limited to 10Mbps, 1 is limited to 100Mbps and the other is full speed. So you need at least two Cat5e ethernet cable to replace those two as otherwise you won't get your full speeds out of them.

Cheers I was sure all my cables were cat5e as I make them my self of a coil 

1 hour ago, Killhippie said:

is PS4 Pro only on 10Mbps just trying to work out the devices from your list. I would get Cat 6 myself as they block more RFI. Cat 7 etc is over the top. Cat 6E would work fine but its penny's to get the better Cat 6 cables these days.

PS4 is in port1

xbox port 2

my pc port 3 

hive hub port 4