wifi speed slow and question about ping

daz

when i first set it up the wifi speed was basically the same as the ethernet speeds but now its incredibly slow and im getting about 5mb within about 2 meters of the r2 down to 1 or none  in other parts of the house

and regarding ping my ping under load is 200ms for the upload is there anything i can do to fix this?

8 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The next update will improve on WiFi performance. 

If you reboot the router do the speeds return? For ping under load use QoS to limit that as much as possible.

what has lowered my speeds tho?

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hard to say, could be wireless contention. What speeds do you get through ethernet at the moment?

when i run connection test i get 25 down and 6 up which is also down from 35 down, when i do speedtest on ookla im getting 2 down

whats going on?

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you changed any settings at all prior to these speed drops?

None, did a quick initial set up and left it at that, haven't had time to play around with it tbh

I too have not touched any settings but randomly in cod I’ll check ping plotter my ping is like much higher than usual , my WiFi stops loading/slow and my in game ping is higher for a few seconds 

• Administrators
6 hours ago, fiefo said:

I too have not touched any settings but randomly in cod I’ll check ping plotter my ping is like much higher than usual , my WiFi stops loading/slow and my in game ping is higher for a few seconds 

Could you expand on these points, how much higher is the ping on PingPlotter and the game? Regarding WiFi do you mean you can't load websites slow or speedtest reports slow speeds?

Significantly. My base is usually 17-20. After a few minutes past, it was at 50-60. In game, I was getting spikes, so base ping would be 40 on a east coast goat aka my friend. But randomly it will lag and I’ll look at the in game ping and it’ll be 100