Where is VLAN setting?

CoolerEra

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, John213 said:

Is there any news when will vlan id tagging be available? Next update? Can't complete configuring my R2.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I've asked a developer and will get back to you as soon as I have a response.

For now I have 2 routers (ISP and R2) and of course ONT. Because VLAN on R2 is now not available I put Netduma behind ISP router and it works (LAN to WAN). Using two subnets 1.1 and 2.1. Netduma is connected to my PC. Tested both devices and R2 gets lower Up/Down speeds than standalone second one. Is this bootleneck (QOS, CC disabled, put 1000 up and down)?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, John213 said:

For now I have 2 routers (ISP and R2) and of course ONT. Because VLAN on R2 is now not available I put Netduma behind ISP router and it works (LAN to WAN). Using two subnets 1.1 and 2.1. Netduma is connected to my PC. Tested both devices and R2 gets lower Up/Down speeds than standalone second one. Is this bootleneck (QOS, CC disabled, put 1000 up and down)?

If you have devices connected to the ISP router then they will be pulling bandwidth away from the R2 which is why it may show lower speeds.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
10 minutes ago, CHARLSCMA said:

Hola se sabe algo del tema vlan? Acabo de recibir mi nuevo r2 y solo puedo conectarlo mediante vlan... 

¡Hola bienvenido al foro! Actualmente no tiene VLAN pero estamos trabajando en ello. ¿Puede poner otro enrutador al frente para manejar VLAN en lugar del R2?

• 2 weeks later...

hi, I still haven't heard about the VLAN update and my netduma r2 has been sitting gathering dust this whole time as it's unusable without it. I pre-ordered on july 2020 and haven't been able to use it since. Is there a way to get a refund as i can't even use the product? I had the r1 and was able to use that so this is a step backwards.

On 8/14/2020 at 1:17 PM, Netduma Iain said:

Hi CoolerEra, thanks for purchasing the r2. Sorry for the inconvenience.

We will implement VLAN feature next week. Can you put the r2 behind a router with VLAN in the meantime ?

Hi,

I am in the same situation as the rest of the customers who need to have the Vlan option.
As far as I can see they have been saying that it will be coming soon since August of last year.
Please this option is needed now, to have the router 100% operational and not collecting dust in a corner.

Please tell us a real date when the firmware update with the Vlan option will be delivered.

Thanks

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Pingu said:

Will this be for the R1 too? I need this. Otherwise I cant use my router with Telekom Speedport smart 3 in bridge mode.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Yes we will implement it on the R1 as well, we've just released a beta today for the R1 which brings it up to date with the what the R2 currently offers. Then once we release the R2 firmware with VLAN we can work on the R1 and bring that up to speed again.