DHCP failure on XR500

OK. This has happen twice now in 3 months...

Yesterday my XR500 stopped handing out ipv4 addresses. I was still getting ipv6 addresses, but I don't know if they were from the XR500 or being passed though the XR500. (The XR500 is in the DMZ of a ARRIS NVG589 Residential Gateway.) While this issue was occurring, my devices appeared to be connected to the network, but were unable to connect to the internet. This time it affected handsets, laptops, and a TV set (built-in Hulu and Netflix apps were failing). I went into settings on some of the affected devices and saw that they were only assigned a ipv6 address and not a ipv4 address. They XR500 DHCP is supposed to assign addresses in the 10.0.0.2 - 10.0.0.254 range. When I notice this is happening, a simple reboot of the XR500 fixes the issue.

What can I do to help troubleshoot this when it happens again? I did not notice anything in the logs. I would like to be able to capture and provide feedback if it happens again.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Netgear are aware of it and there should be a fix included in the next beta build. If you haven't already I would suggest signing up here: http://www.netgearinnovation.com/dumaos-beta/index.html and then may be worth tweeting @netgeargaming to see if they can get you on. Other than that you could try giving reserved IPs to the devices in LAN Settings and see if that helps.