R2 and XR500

Boldshoter30

should I choose to plug the XR500 into the R2, with it's limited WiFi speeds, and leave the XR500 capped at a certain speed not in AP mode, so will keep the R2 CPU usage low, and the R2 to effect the XR500 respectably as a whole, would I benefit from it, need thoughts, and opinions, I get my NETDUMA R2 this morning, but I have a pretty big house 1 story house, and WiFi security cameras outside, plus running AT&T TV in the living room that runs off of WiFi. speeds is 937 upload / 937 download, Fiber.

I personally have a NETGEAR Orbi running to saturate my house in WiFi. Both the XR500 and R2 speeds come to a crawl on the other side of my house (2 Story), so I just left my Orbi in place with the main unit hard wired and the satellite on the other side of the house. 

One benefit I found of running this set up is that I can easily swap routers and most of my devices will be able to connect back to the AP without much involvement on my end.

All in all, I would recommend getting a mesh setup.

17 minutes ago, GenMatrix said:

NETGEAR Orbi running to saturate my house in WiFi.

I'll definitely have to look into that at a later time low on money for the mean time gonna just have to be the R2 and XR500 thank you for you're comment and suggestion  🙂🙂

If you name the WiFi channels on the XR500 the same as the R2 and adjust the transmit power on the XR500 so it does not flood the R2 you should be able to roam too. It’s very dependant on your device but it’s worked when I’ve used a pair or EX8000 extenders. Tested on both R2 and XR500. 
Its just getting the coverage right in accordance with the swap over spec of your devices. That can be a pain and will not be the same as a mesh system but you can get away with it.