R1

scoobypreza

well I think it might be time to unplug the r1 and put in the back of a draw. No matter what settings I use the r1 doesn't change anything it doesn't help with lowering my ping or my ping underload I've had the r1 for over 5 years and it seemed to do a good job but for the last year it don't help at all im at loss at what else I can try 

Yes m8 and lots of other tests too the qos settings no mater what I try it has little to no effect on my ping and my gaming experience is terrible my base ping is 7/8ms with a jitter of 0.5 to 0.1ms that's OK but my ping underload load is 60ms and no matter what I try it don't change even with qos on or off I've spoke to my isp and they have run some test and can't find any issues I was going to get the r2 but I think I will be in the same boat just £150 worse off 

So today I got a new router to replace my isp router that has qos when I use qos setting on the new tp link router my ping is 8ms loaded and unloaded if I use qos on the r1 my ping loaded is 60ms and very unstable if turn of qos on the r1 and use qos on my tp link gaming is  awesome so r1 qos is not working 

• Administrators

How are you testing this because it is highly unlikely your ping would not move at all when under load, even if you have very high speeds it would be more than that. QoS is what lowers the ping while under load.

Yeah the tp link is working great but why is qps on the r1 not working . My testing is correct and it shows the same results on dslreports fast.com   pingplotter and few other tests I've run any ideas why qos isn't working on the r1 corrupt firmware? Any news in the 3.0 beta 

• Administrators
  • What is your exact physical setup and how is it done e.g is the R1 in DMZ?
  • Are ALL devices connected to the R1?
  • What are you paid for/expected speeds?
  • What settings are you using for the entire QoS page? 
  • Are you playing via WiFi?
  • Have you changed any other settings e.g. port forwarding
  • Could you provide some of the PingPlotter results you got please and tell me under what circumstances they were done?

That will give me a good starting point to go from.