GEO-Filtering vs SBMM

mwplayer1

If you are a Grand Master player (top ~5%) in the world, and there are only diamond players (top ~15%) available to create a lobby within GEO filter range, will games build a lobby with the top 15% players + yourself?

Does this formula vary between games? If so, does Netduma provide this list?

Does this formula change depending on the matchmaking system, i.e., competitive ranked will favor skill over the connection at all costs?

Hard to say.

You can only connect to one server but other people can still connect to that same server. So if there is enough people in your area that can connect to you it will just run the game on your server instead.

Geofiltering does decrease your available connectivity so should in theory give you a more varied playerbase. In MW, when I play FFA I often play the same players because of the low playerbase and I always get matched up to certain players. But in general the skill level is more varied compared to HP, TDM etc.

If there is no high level players that can connect to you the matchmaking has no choice but to place you in a easier lobby. Or harder, depending on where on the scale you are.

SBMM varies between different games and geofiltering is not meant to influence SBMM, only connections.

• Administrators

That is absolutely nothing to do with us and is up to the game. For example, on Apex I don't think you can play with any ranks that are more than 1.5 levels below you - that being said, a lower level could bring in lower levels I think. We just help you force the server, any factors like that are down to the game. If you're unable to get a game because their restrictions mean there is no one within your radius then you just won't get a game.