New XR500 owner: Couple questions

New netduma customer, so far so good. 

I've read all the suggested guides, just curious if the bit about COD black ops applies to Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019?

"NOTE FOR BLACK OPS 4 PC PLAYERS: you need to make a small adjustment for the Geo-FIlter to work Go to Device Manager and click on your gaming PC. Change the device type to a PS4 and click Save. Now go to the Geo-Filter and add your device at the top as described above. It will show the service as 'Console'. You can now follow the remaining steps"

I loaded the call of duty profile and changed my PC to a PS4. Is this the preferred setup for COD:Warzone? I bought this router pretty much just to make COD a better experience. Any other advice is welcome. Thanks for the solid documentation.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Firstly thank you for reading the suggested guides before posting! Yes that's still applicable so you've done the right thing there. I assume you've read the optimal settings guides and so have setup QoS as well? If so then there is nothing I can recommend at this stage!

Right now I have gigabit cable but it's cancelled and I'm dropping down to 50m FTTN on Thursday because cable in my area is horrendous. I did setup QoS but I live alone so I'm not sure how much I'll need it.

2 hours ago, Grifter said:

Right now I have gigabit cable but it's cancelled and I'm dropping down to 50m FTTN on Thursday because cable in my area is horrendous. I did setup QoS but I live alone so I'm not sure how much I'll need it.

I have 1GB fiber and a XR500, make sure you set your anti-bufferbloat to 70-70.