some questions about upgrading

hi guys the site seems to have changed alot since i was last quite active on here and also the duma seems to have changed too

ive had my netduma r1 since december 2015 and its running on  R1 debug version 1.03.6j running on rb-951g-2hnd  

now im seeing posts about new beta  duma os and upgrading etc and im not really sure what its all about and was basically wondering is it for me and what benefits will i see over what im on now?

i game on xbox 1 and recently started pc gaming too

DumaOS is a far more powerful operating system than the original firmware, it’s a complete overhaul with a lot more features.

You can read out more about DumaOS here

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can sign up for that which will be coming soon, there is also a DumaOS version already available for the R1 that you can sign up here for: https://netduma.com/r1-dumaos/

Completely new design and features, more features coming to 3.0.

and it will work just fine? wont damage duma in any way?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
15 hours ago, daz said:

still nervous to upgrade as mine so old now :(

If it puts your mind at ease, I've had my R1 since around 6 months prior to the product launch of the R1 way back in 2014 and I've upgraded mine fine to the latest 3.0 build. It's also traveled up and down the country a few times so it's had a hard life!

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If it puts your mind at ease, I've had my R1 since around 6 months prior to the product launch of the R1 way back in 2014 and I've upgraded mine fine to the latest 3.0 build. It's also traveled up and down the country a few times so it's had a hard life!

how much set up does it require once its done?

and how long will the internet be off while im upgrading?

• Administrators

It won't require much setup, just QoS and the Geo-Filter mainly. All in all probably no more than 5 minutes offline, I would recommend you do a factory reset after you've upgraded to ensure there are no legacy issues.

25 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It won't require much setup, just QoS and the Geo-Filter mainly. All in all probably no more than 5 minutes offline, I would recommend you do a factory reset after you've upgraded to ensure there are no legacy issues.

ok wish me luck 

ok it didnt explode

i cant find where to  factory reset

and is it possible someone can help me set up properly? i havent set up my duma for along time let alone with completly new os