devices are automatically blocked

hi everyone, for a while I have a problem on my xr500, practically when I connect a new xbox console or a new device automatically the internet line is blocked or reduced to a few kbps, for example on the new console the initial update I can't download it , so I find myself having to use my phone as a hotspot every time, in order to get everything working properly I have to reset the router every time. the firmware version is 2.3.2.56

Schermata 2020-06-15 alle 20.06.49.png

thanks for the welcome, yes I have currently shared the excess bandwidth, anti-bufferbloat is set to when high priority traffic detected, the problem always occurs after some time since the factory reset

Schermata 2020-06-17 alle 04.50.14.png

13 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Welcome to the forum!

What are your current QoS settings? Do you have Share Excess Bandwidth enabled?

thanks for the welcome, yes I have currently shared the excess bandwidth, anti-bufferbloat is set to when high priority traffic detected, the problem always occurs after some time since the factory reset

Schermata 2020-06-17 alle 04.50.14.png

• Administrators

For Share Excess there are separate buttons for both download and upload, are they both enabled? What speeds do you pay for/expect? Have you put any manual rules into Traffic Prioritization? - If so what are they?

27 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

For Share Excess there are separate buttons for both download and upload, are they both enabled? What speeds do you pay for/expect? Have you put any manual rules into Traffic Prioritization? - If so what are they?

they have enabled both upload and download, the speed for which I pay is effective without any problem as I work with my provider, I have inserted manual rules on the consoles which are precisely those that encounter the problem after a while, as I said if reset the router to factory values, everything works correctly, after a few weeks the consoles automatically lose connection while all the other devices have no problems

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What are the manual rules you have added to Traffic Prioritization? If this is done incorrectly it can cause adverse affects.

I added the consoles in traffic priority and reduced the bandwidth on a network printer, for the rest I didn't make big changes besides setting the ip reservation on some devices that have static ip

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you remove the Traffic Prioritization rules that you've made please and see if that fixes it.

Even removing the rules the problem persists, occurs mainly when the two consoles are reversed, currently one is via cable the other on wifi, when that cable passes on wifi it has access to the internet but does not download and is unable to accessing online games, same thing for what is in wifi when it is connected by cable, if I bring everything back to its initial position, the problem remains unless I bring the router back to the initial configuration.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have the devices been added to the Geo-Filter? If so, if you switch to Spectating Mode or remove them does that work?

no the filters are not set, I also thought it could be the fault of the filters but since I reset the factory I have not set them anymore, however I noticed that the one x on the system was like a pc while the one s immediately as a console

• Administrators

This is really weird. You said after a factory reset it works fine for weeks then it happens, are there any settings changes you make prior to it happening again? Are you using block sites/services in Settings?

44 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

This is really weird. You said after a factory reset it works fine for weeks then it happens, are there any settings changes you make prior to it happening again? Are you using block sites/services in Settings?

no site or block setting, I noticed that when it happens I always find the hybrid vpn active even if it is not set, if I deactivate it I exit the settings and return I find it active again. As soon as recovery works everything correctly and after weeks without changing any setting it happens, initially I thought it was a problem of the console, but also with the new one the same thing happened, so I reset and everything worked correctly, then last week he did it again same problem so I reset it again and everything went back to normal

• Administrators

I know it shouldn't matter and it probably doesn't but could you change the router language to English and see if it helps at all? Do you clear your browser cookies at all as that might be why Hybrid VPN keeps enabling itself. Have you disabled DHCP or made any port changes?

24 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I know it shouldn't matter and it probably doesn't but could you change the router language to English and see if it helps at all? Do you clear your browser cookies at all as that might be why Hybrid VPN keeps enabling itself. Have you disabled DHCP or made any port changes?

ok i try to set in english, i have dhcp enabled, tomorrow i will try to do the test again to invert the two consoles to see if the problem occurs

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2020 at 1:16 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

I know it shouldn't matter and it probably doesn't but could you change the router language to English and see if it helps at all? Do you clear your browser cookies at all as that might be why Hybrid VPN keeps enabling itself. Have you disabled DHCP or made any port changes

hello everyone, I write again as the problem persists, connecting a new console on the network that is automatically blocked while the old one continues to work without problems, opening the same game on both, in particular destiny, on the old one accesses while on the new one  by error during access

• 4 months later...

sorry if I answer only now but it seemed that the problem was solved, in practice I have more than one console in the house and when I took the new one in practice just connected to the router it seemed to have no connection, while the others surfed without problems, resetting the router at factory settings and then reconnecting the devices, it no longer gave problems. Now, on the other hand, connecting a friend's console at home to his console to download an update, he navigated for less than a mega. He also has an xr500 that has the same problem, plus we noticed that playing call of duty if someone watches a video on youtube on the consoles we detect a packet loss between 5% and 10%, asking another friend who always has the netgear xr500 on an ftth connection, watching a video on youtube with the smartphone and trying a connection test from xbox he also loses the same amount of packets.

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, Gabbs said:

sorry if I answer only now but it seemed that the problem was solved, in practice I have more than one console in the house and when I took the new one in practice just connected to the router it seemed to have no connection, while the others surfed without problems, resetting the router at factory settings and then reconnecting the devices, it no longer gave problems. Now, on the other hand, connecting a friend's console at home to his console to download an update, he navigated for less than a mega. He also has an xr500 that has the same problem, plus we noticed that playing call of duty if someone watches a video on youtube on the consoles we detect a packet loss between 5% and 10%, asking another friend who always has the netgear xr500 on an ftth connection, watching a video on youtube with the smartphone and trying a connection test from xbox he also loses the same amount of packets.

They will need to utilize QoS properly in order to stop that. Get them to make a post on the forum and we can more accurately advise.

On 12/27/2020 at 8:26 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

They will need to utilize QoS properly in order to stop that. Get them to make a post on the forum and we can more accurately advise.

we have the same settings as QoS, if you want to post a screen here, but how can you solve the data loss?

• Administrators

The packet loss is likely because there was local congestion which QoS will solve. A screenshot won't be enough really, instead follow this guide, saturate the network with downloads etc, use Anti-Bufferbloat/Congestion Control on always and experiment with percentages to see what gives the best ping/least loss. 

http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

• 3 months later...
On 29/12/2020 at 18:58, Netduma Fraser said:

La perdita di pacchetti è probabile perché c'era una congestione locale che QoS risolverà. Uno screenshot non sarà davvero sufficiente, segui invece questa guida, saturi la rete con i download ecc., Usa Anti-Bufferbloat / Congestion Control sempre attivo e sperimenta con le percentuali per vedere cosa dà il miglior ping / la minima perdita. 

http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

Hi, I'm still here, the QoS problem is still not solved because today by connecting the new console to the router to be able to connect it I had to disable the QoS because if activated the old works and the new one does

45 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Adding a new device means more devices using bandwidth so the percentage you need to use to eliminate lag may change so I'd recommend doing the above again and see if you can eliminate it

I regularly clean devices that are no longer used, but every time I have to reset the QoS to make the new ones work, when the new one is connected it is given the percentage but still does not browse, in order to make everything work I have to reset the rules again , if I do not reset even giving 100% to the new device it still does not work, normally this repartition should take place automatically without having to reset