Unknown Device Issue

Hi guys 

Just wanting a little help with an issue on my router not being able to register the PS4 some times.

I've tried a lot of different setups over the last year and see it come up in different places after a facreset

Some times its when bringing it into the device manager for the first time, It just does n't register as a playstation and has (Unknown)(Computer)

and other times when setting up port forwarding/trigger  or reserving an IP  again (Unknown) 

This then seems to lead to games not being bandwidth restricted even though the speed test on the playstation says that everything is working

eg. PS4 upload is 900 kbps  but in game it says that the bandwidth is 4122kbps and this will not change no matter what bandwidth I allocate 

and it happens with different games.

It was all working 2 days ago and then it wasn't , whats going on???

DeviceManPS4.png

UnknownPS4.png

I cant say I changed anything setting wise on the router, but I did do an easy internet setup on the PS4 after the DNS's that I had set dropped out so the PS4 

would revert back to the router DNS thats the only thing I can think of. Other than that everything was working sweet so had no need to change anything.

As for my setup

iiNet vdsl2 D55 U22 static IP

technicolor TG789vac v2 in bridge

cat6 to XR500

cat6 to PS4 --Console DNS (when up) 

70% buffblo Always/ Qos 20D With share ex & 1.1U with No Share

traffic prio all ports ---not (game console)& dumagames unselected so its all PS4 

SSD to keep the PS4 focused on one job

Wired everything for gaming

House hold average bandwidth usage never goes above 6

• Administrators

Interesting, from what you're saying the Traffic Prioritization rule you have made may be causing this as Traffic Prio supercedes QoS and as you've put all ports including those used for speed tests it makes sense why QoS isn't applying. Could you remove the rule you've made and either use the games console service or DumaOS Classified Games please and see whether both those issues are resolved please?

Hi 

Had a play around on the weekend with settings but had no love.

Ended up doing a full fact reset on the modem the router and full init on the playstation and re downloaded a game to make sure everything was fresh

a very small win if you want to call it that instead of a bandwidth of 4122kb i got it down to 4120kb and will not change from this.

still have the same issue pop up thought from fresh with the router not recognising the playstation or its name when bringing it in for the first time.

Deleting the device and then resetting and bringing it back it worked for playstation recognition but the name of the device after the full init is PS4-577 so it still 

isn't reading the name correct and come to think of it i dont think it has ever, it is always (Playstation) yet this is the only device that this happens with.

Been looking over a few other tags that have been posted over the last few days and been seeing similar issues with other people but under different tag (DPI)(Qos)(Traffic Prio)

With the 3.0 Bata could this be having some issues, I know you guys are tweaking behind the vail i've seen the different sequence of reboot logs and can only put it down to this. Is there a snapshot that could be downloaded from two months ago, its the only thing i can think of while the bata is being dished out and tweaked.

UnnamedDevPS4.png

Screenshot from 2020-06-20 00-37-14.png