GEOFILTER not showing any icons and 120% packet loss every 20 min of gaming

I have QOS enabled with my PS4 and when I'm gaming XR500 recognizes this and prioritizes the packets. I thought my setup was fine and all until i start gaming. WHen I start COD MW, the geofilter used to show at least the triangles and server location, but as of recently i cannot see anything anymore. But even when the servers were showing up, I would always get the randon packet loss. I have done the ping plotter and everything looks good on my end. the sliders are both set to 70%, when the PING for the dashboard is going it shows relative low ping to who i am connected to. my ping is relatively low and when it is working the connection seems good, it is always that 3-4 seconds every 20 minutes..sometimes its random..but its in EVERY game. the PS4 pic of the packet loss going up to 100-120% and i freeze for a while 2-4 seconds. longer if it lags more.. any help? i have flush DNS, everything..

IMG_2544.jpg

IMG_2547.jpg

IMG_2548.jpg

QoS - DumaOS - Google Chrome 6_5_2020 4_30_53 PM.png

QoS - DumaOS - Google Chrome 6_5_2020 4_32_23 PM.png

I don't know if this is caused by DumaOS, it sounds like it might be a wider network issue. One thing i'd be interested to know is if PingPlotter showed any big spikes in a 20 minute period.

I'm trying to think if there's anything in DumaOS which could cause spikes on a regular basis like that. Off the top of my head I can't think of anything.

Using Traffic Prioritization, we should be able to mitigate traffic spikes like that, but the problem might be that you're losing internet connection for a few seconds. If that's the case, there's going to be a delay no matter what happens.

Here's some suggestions for the meantime:

• Make sure that your sliders on Anti-Bufferbloat are on 70%, and that the displayed bandwidth is lower than your real-world maximum. This is so that the packet bottleneck is moved from the external network onto your router, giving you more control.
  • Consider adding your PS4 to Traffic Prioritization using the Games Console profile. This will mean that, if a bottleneck occurs, PS4 traffic will be pushed through first.

15 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

I don't know if this is caused by DumaOS, it sounds like it might be a wider network issue. One thing i'd be interested to know is if PingPlotter showed any big spikes in a 20 minute period.

I'm trying to think if there's anything in DumaOS which could cause spikes on a regular basis like that. Off the top of my head I can't think of anything.

Using Traffic Prioritization, we should be able to mitigate traffic spikes like that, but the problem might be that you're losing internet connection for a few seconds. If that's the case, there's going to be a delay no matter what happens.

Here's some suggestions for the meantime:

• Make sure that your sliders on Anti-Bufferbloat are on 70%, and that the displayed bandwidth is lower than your real-world maximum. This is so that the packet bottleneck is moved from the external network onto your router, giving you more control.
  • Consider adding your PS4 to Traffic Prioritization using the Games Console profile. This will mean that, if a bottleneck occurs, PS4 traffic will be pushed through first.

here is what i mean... by packet loss.. because it happens every so often at least 2-3 in a 20-25 minute match... whenever this happens i freeze for 5 seconds.. mostly when enemies are around me it happens more often..the QOS prioritization shows that the PS4 traffic is being prioritized. also iif your theory is that my internet cuts out,  i dont get the the buffer or lose connection on any other platform. roku, laptop, desktop, firestick all work flawless....

IMG_2564.jpg

IMG_2565.jpg

QoS - DumaOS - Google Chrome 6_8_2020 9_23_10 PM.png

• Administrators

Delete the manual rule you've added to Traffic Prio as it's already covered by DumaOS Classified Games so no need to prioritize twice. To see icons do this please:

1. Hard turn off the console
  2. Remove the device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Flush the cloud in Map settings
  4. Re-add the device
  5. Adjust the settings to what you want
  6. Wait for 2 minutes
  7. Boot console/game and you should see icons

As Alex mentioned if the ping is good then it's probably the game, I would suggest trying to force different servers, even ones slightly further away and see if they are more stable for you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2020 at 12:39 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Delete the manual rule you've added to Traffic Prio as it's already covered by DumaOS Classified Games so no need to prioritize twice. To see icons do this please:

1. Hard turn off the console
  2. Remove the device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Flush the cloud in Map settings
  4. Re-add the device
  5. Adjust the settings to what you want
  6. Wait for 2 minutes
  7. Boot console/game and you should see icons

As Alex mentioned if the ping is good then it's probably the game, I would suggest trying to force different servers, even ones slightly further away and see if they are more stable for you.

did this numerous times and i cant get the icons to come back..does this mean geofilter isnt working... also when i first got the router this was working on and off but mostly working. but i cant get it back to work, ie see the geofilter icon and who im connected to.

• Administrators

Could be a simple issue but double check the IP address in Device Manager of the device you think is the console against the IP of the device in its' actual network settings, do they match? May be that you've added the wrong device.