Error when accessing Router

JustAGuy

Hello i recently built a new pc and when I try to access my router via http://192.168.88.1/ it gives me the following error after the login prompt; HTTP/1.0 500 Server Error Content-Type: text/html haserl CGI Error

[string "/www/ndindex.html"]:16: unfinished long string near ''

Im sure there is something simple i forgot to do but I cant for the life of me figure out what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

netduma error ss.PNG

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

This will probably need a reset to resolve, hold the reset button in the back of the router down for 30 seconds then release and wait 1-2 minutes for it to boot before attempting to access and see if it's fixed then.

Perhaps you unplugged the router in the process of setting up the new PC and that's what caused this to happen? I certainly don't think that this is directly related to the new PC, it seems to be a problem on the router itself.

You're sure you held the button on the back for the correct amount of time? http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000094903-how-to-factory-reset-the-netduma-r1-using-the-reset-button

i will follow the reset as specified in the link you provided

I followed the reset instructions and it did not fix the issue. I still have internet access through the router but am still unable to access http://192.168.88.1/ . When i clear my browsing history it gives me the prompt to log in to the router but still results in the same error message. Maybe the router Bricked and the timing just happened to coincide with my new pc ?

Just to further clarify I get the message on all devices and all browsers so the issue must be with the router itself

That's annoying. Okay, plug the router in, connect it to your PC, and then open command prompt and type ipconfig

What IP address has your PC been given?

(I've just assumed you're using windows, correct me if I'm wrong)

Hi Alex. I had to make a new account as my first account got locked out and it wont send me the email to reset my password. Im not sure which number shown in the ipconfig command is my IP address. is this it?  IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.88.201     Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.88.1

Okay cool, that's good because that shows the R1 is still handing out IP addresses, meaning it's not bricked.

But DumaOS might be broken. Allow me to ask a developer if there's a way around this one.

• 2 weeks later...